twenty-two

[You don’t love me – big fucking deal. I’ll never tell you how I feel]

~**~

The pillow on top of his bed cushions the blow as Zayn falls face first. He could feel everyone ganging up on him, like the air he needed to breathe was being sucked right out of his lungs. Zayn had some sort of problem. He saw himself as never good enough, but everyone else seemed to think he looked fine. Hell, they were even worried he was trying too hard to the point of exhaustion. Well, everyone except his father.

Zayn’s father really screwed him up. Because of this cruel man, his own child was worried about his body image more than he should be. Zayn’s biggest habit was pinpointing his flaws in everything he did. It was installed into his head, permanent like a scar.

What really hurt Zayn was Liam, his boyfriend. He felt like Liam was seeing everything one-sided. Why couldn’t Zayn eat? Why couldn’t he just be comfortable in his own skin? That should be everyone’s goal in life: to be comfortable to the point of flaunting. It wasn’t that easy for someone like Zayn, though. He was belittled his whole life. No one understood Zayn’s point of view.

 He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice Harry casually sitting in a chair on the opposite side of the tent. Harry sets the book he was reading down, bothered by the whimpers coming from the other side of the tent. His long legs uncross as he springs from his seat and walks over to Zayn.

“Hey, what’s all the fuss about?” He crouches down beside Zayn. He wasn’t that concerned about Zayn, but in Harry’s case, if this was Liam’s doing, he could benefit from this. People do crazy things when their emotions are running high, and cheating was on that list.

Harry was beginning to realize how beautiful and appealing Zayn was. He didn’t have curves like Louis, but his face was stellar. Sharing a tent with him was the perfect opportunity for Harry to get what he wanted: Zayn in bed. Just the thought of having someone pretty like Zayn underneath him being all submissive, drove Harry crazy. He wanted to dominate Zayn’s innocence.

“Nothing,” mutters Zayn, sitting up so he could face Harry. Pink splotches are evident all over his face from the lack of circulation running to his face. “It’s not like you care anyways.”

Harry is a little amused by this. He was always up for a challenge. “And what makes you say that?”

Harry’s quirked eyebrow makes Zayn looks down at his knees, bulging out of his skin like blades. “I’m sorry. I guess I just never thought you liked me s’all…”

The taller boy takes a seat next to Zayn with a chuckle fleeing from his parted lips. “Honestly, I just felt a little threatened by you. I mean, you’re really attractive and were new to our group and just… yeah.” There was some truth to what Harry was saying. He did feel threatened by Zayn, but now he just wanted to pound him senselessly.

Zayn bites the very edge of his pouty lips while playing with his fingers. He was never one to accept a compliment, as he didn’t believe he deserved them nor wanted to sound vain in a way.

Before Zayn can even respond, Liam’s head pops into the tent, his face flushed. “Zayn? Baby, can we talk?”

“Yeah,” whispers Zayn, the sound of his voice soft and airy.

Liam steps into the tent, immediately giving Harry a glare. He was far too close to his boyfriend for Liam’s taste. “Harry, mind giving us some privacy, yeah?”

Harry rolls his eyes at Liam’s gritted teeth. “Whatever.”  He holds back a snort of laughter as he exits the tent. Liam getting defensive was enough to feed Harry’s already big ego.