twelve

[He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart]

~**~

The feet of this boy were swollen, blistered, inkling in pain, sore. Zayn had ran way too many miles last night, and his body was experiencing the aftermath of pushing past your limit. He wasn't one to tolerate pain though. Zayn typically only received mental pain, not physical. Hell, he couldn't handle any type of pain. He was always crying when no one was around to see his vulnerability.

Zayn stood out of bed in nothing but his briefs. He always went to sleep in at least a shirt due to being self-conscious about his body, so he had to of been pretty damn tired to not give a shit.

Zayn hissed with every step he took around his room. He definitely overdid it last night, but the boy couldn't help it. During his run last night, that banana he had eaten was all that he could think of. Call him crazy, but Zayn's physique was not enough for him. He wanted to be thinner and perfect. He wanted his hip bones, ribs, collarbones, knees, shoulder blades, and spine to stick out further. He thought bones were beautiful.

Zayn throws on a shirt and grabs his phone sitting on his nightstand. He reads his notifications to see that Liam had called him several times and texted him. He narrows his eyebrows and crinkles his eyes while mouthing the text out loud to himself.

From: Liam

Message: I'm really sorry for what I said yesterday and it was totally wrong of me. I was a little high and not thinking clearly. Please let me at least explain myself, Zayn. xx

Zayn started typing away on his keyboard, but then hesitated. He shakes his head and whispers, "no." He didn't know what to do really. What he said really offended Zayn and showed Liam's controlling side. Zayn was starting to second guess his and Liam's friendship. After all, it was just a friendship, nothing more or else. The two had chemistry though, there was no denying that.

He taps the delete button repeatedly until the reply box is empty and he closes the conversation. He needed more time to think it over.

He gathers some clean clothes and heads for the shower, biting his cheek from his feet killing him. Zayn unlocked his phone again and scrolled through his contacts until he found Luke's name. He didn't want to sound like a moocher, but a little favor never hurt.

To: Luke

Message: Hey Lukey! It's Zayn. :) I was wondering if you could give me a ride to school today? My feet are killing me from my jog last night. I understand if you can't though.

Zayn bit his lip indecisively before sending the text to his new blonde friend. Luke was a little too hands-on for Zayn's taste, but he was nice and funny. Also, he never questioned Zayn's weight or eating habits, which was a plus in Zayn's book.

He then heads down the hall with a towel over his shoulder and enters the bathroom. He places his clothes on the toilet seat and towel on a rack before checking a new message from Luke.

From: Luke

Message: Good morning princess. ;) And of course I'll pick you up! Just text me your address and get ready for the day. Make sure to look pretty for me. xxx

Zayn smiles and texts Luke his address before stripping down and showering to the album Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds, a personal favoriteof his.

~**~

A steamy shower later, Zayn is dressed in a blue and black checkered flannel, black converse, and denim skinny jeans. He made sure to style his hair in it's signature quiff as well. He wasn't trying to impress nor disappoint Luke. He just went for something casual.