four

[I remember when your head caught flame. It kissed your scalp, and caressed your brain]

~**~

A pair of brown chocolatey eyes meet their own reflection as Liam is quickly brushing his teeth. Tonight was Josh Devine’s party, and for some reason the excitement was drilled into his brain. Perhaps it was because Zayn, that mysterious scrawny boy he met earlier, was possibly going. Something about him intrigued Liam. Like there was something hidden. But before he got ahead of himself, Liam had to remember that Zayn was just something to get his mind of something else that he knew he couldn’t have.

He continues to brush rapidly against his teeth because bad breath was a pet peeve of Liam’s and he didn’t wanna be hypocritical. He spits and a blended concoction of minty toothpaste and saliva meets with the water inside the porcelain bathroom sink. Liam continued to brush and spit repeatedly until he was startled by a knock on the door.

“LiLi, hurry up and stop wanking off!” teases Louis, a few audible chuckles following him.

Liam rolls his eyes, “Oh shut up, I'm almost done!” and finishes up cleaning his teeth.

Liam quickly brushes his tongue, making a few gagging noises that Louis couldn’t help but make a few sexual remarks out of. “Are you practicing your deep-throating in there or what?” snickers Louis.

“That’s it!” complains Liam while washing out his mouth, placing his toothbrush in it’s container, drying his hands, and bursting through the door. Right away Louis scurried to Liam’s room, attempting to close the door on the taller boy; however, Liam was too fast.

Liam tackles Louis down, playfully wrestling the boy until he was on top of him. There breathing was a little heavy as Liam continuously stared into those pools of sapphire you call eyes. It was a breath taking sight and Liam felt warm on the inside and just wanted this moment to last forever.

“Erhmm,” coughs out Harry, a slight jealous look present on his face. Harry and Louis weren’t dating and they shared more of a ‘fuck-buddies’ relationship if anything, and Liam envied Harry because of this.

“Wrap it up love-birds,” jokes Niall before shoving a few more crips into his mouth.

“Yeah, come on now. We got a party to go to,” informs Harry while Liam stands up, helping Louis up as well.

Harry places his hand around Louis’ waist in a possessive manner as the two walk down stairs. Liam rolls his eyes at his curly haired friend’s back turned and tried to make it seem like he was unaffected by this, but on the inside he was sad like when you eat the last piece of food that you thought there was more of.

Niall has an amused look on his face as he purposely walks in slow-motion to Liam and offers him a cracker. Niall was always the one friend who was determined to make everyone happy and he was really just a selfless guy. He had a heart of gold that anyone would be lucky to be a part of, and Liam was honestly grateful he had a person like Niall in life. He was one of his best friends since elementary school.

Liam takes the cracker, nibbling on it slowly like a rabbit. Niall closes the cracker box and sets it aside and asks, “Is Zayn coming?”

 “I’m really not sure. He kinda said maybe, but he was just so confusing. And, the way… the way he looked at his food—” Liam stops speaking and knows he shouldn’t be talking about anybody because it really wasn’t his business.

Niall just stands there in an understanding type of way. “I like Zayn. I’ve had a few classes with him in the past and he’s quiet and even confusing at times, but I truly believe he’s a lot more than that and no one gives him a chance to show it.” He stands a little closer to Liam with a serious glance that no one really gets to see because Niall was always being cheeky and smiling. “About the food thing, Zayn was picked on in middle school because of his weight so I’m sure he just has a slow metabolism and has to diet a lot.”