six

[We ride the bus with the knees pulled in. People should see how you livin]

~**~

His noise quivers while his whole face is shifting. The muscle tissue under the skin of his face is connected like a constellation of stars; working together to achieve something.

The morning atmosphere was sending a chemical reaction through Zayn's body as he tossed and turned where he lay. His body was used to a routine of getting up early; he didn't need an alarm clock. Zayn's eyes flutter open, his eyelashes so long they'd be able to blow a fly away. He intakes his surroundings realizing he wasn't in his own home; his habitat; his environment.

Zayn's eyes scan the room, noticing Niall's little blonde quiff shooting up from the covers the two were sharing. He was opposite from Zayn on a couch in the living room. Josh was sitting across from them both, slouched in a chair, his snores very audible. Liam, Harry, and Louis were all laying together on the floor; a thin bed sheet their only padding.

Niall rolls around, hogging all the blankets now, Zayn's bare chest now visible. He then stands up, seeing his reflection in a small mirror in the corner of the room. What most people would consider unhealthily skinny, Zayn would consider fat.

Right away he throws back on his shirt, feeling slightly embarrassed and uncomfortable. He then slowly makes his way to the kitchen, trying to avoid all the piles of food everywhere. The ceiling, floor, furniture, and walls; all covered with food; used as a waste to have some fun.

Zayn finds his sweater on the table and slips it over himself quickly. He wanted to leave quickly, not wanting to be a bother. Before he makes his escape, Zayn decides to pull one of the blankets he was sharing with Niall and cover it over Liam's muscular body.

He stared in awe at how Liam's back muscles would contract during his breathing patterns. The smaller boy kneels down and whispers a quick, "Thank you."

Zayn really was thankful. He didn't have to wake up today and find an excuse to not eat breakfast. Sad as it was; it was a reality.

The frail boy walks out the door and waits for the next city bus to arrive. He had to get home quickly, shower, skip breakfast, and go to school.

Zayn looks up at the sky while leaning against the bus stop sign. It was quite a cloudy day in Bradford. Nothing too special. Maybe some rain would be in the works.

The bus finally comes to a stop in front of Zayn, a few citizens getting off, rudely pushing Zayn out of their way. Zayn was always a doormat; people walked all over him. He was seen as weak.

Zayn takes his seat in the back as usual and the bus continues its route. A few teen girls are sitting next to Zayn, stuffing their faces with a box of Ritz crackers while gossiping about which boys on the football (soccer) team have the nicest bums. Zayn's gaze follows the girls hands full of the starchy baked snacks traveling up to their mouths. He didn't understand how they could just carelessly eat away.

Zayn's stop was next, but before he could get off, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He took it out and read the message.

From: Liam

Message: Awe, I miss you. Why'd you have to leave so soon? You should of stayed for breakfast. :(

Zayn didn't understand why people continuously asked him to eat. They should be encouraging him to exercise if anything.

His fingers glide quickly across the screen as he sends a quick reply and hops off the bus.

To: Liam