23 - "Man" Work

"It clearly says you have to connect the silver piece to the red one." Momo frowned while reading the instructions to Sana, who was deep under the sink holding a flashlight trying to fix the pipes.

"How about I read the instructions and you do this." Sana growled. "The colorblind person should not be doing this."

"Oh." Momo laughed before swapping places with her. The two had been attempting to fix the sink for two hours, and finally managed to fix it when they heard a loud bang. Both girls followed the sound to see their friends standing on their porch trying to pick up the front door.

"Again?" Sana sighed. She helped their friends put the door back in the hinges.

"We came to see what was up with you guys, but we're sorry about the door." Mina laughed.

"Guess I'm too strong." Chaeyoung smirked, earning a shove from Sana.

"Thanks for visiting. Mom kinda let this place go after a while.. so we're stuck fixing it." Momo sighed. The girls nodded, looking at everything, and offered their help.

By dinner, they had completely fixed the sink, replacing the knobs and faucet and thanks to Chaeyoung and Sana, had fixed the doorframe, allowing them to properly fix the door. After a quick cleaning, Momo and Mina started cooking, allowing Chaeyoung and Sana to continue to fix other things.

By the time dinner was finished, all of the doors were properly fixed in the house.

"So how long do you think it'll take to actually fix this house?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Two years." Sana answered.

"So precise." Mina smiled.

"She did the math." Momo chuckled.

The two couples talked during dinner, catching up with one another about their lives.

The next month had taken a toll on both of them. Spending just about all of their free time investing in the house. If they weren't actually fixing the house, they were in the hardware store buying the parts and tools.

Of course men would try and tell them they didn't need those parts and to just have them fix it. They denied their help, slowly figuring it out for themselves.

"I'm so tired." Momo groaned as she flopped her entire body on the bed. Sana sat next to her, laying her back against the soft blankets.

"Me too." Sana sighed. "But we're both dirty. I'm gonna take a bath." Sana got up from the bed, walking into the bathroom.

"We should save time, money and water and bathe together." Momo giggled to herself, but still loud enough for Sana to hear. Sana rolled her eyes and started the bath, filling it with hot water to just relax in for a bit. She sat in the tub, letting the burning hot water relax her muscles. "Can I join?" Momo smirked.

"I don't care." Sana mumbled, eyes still closed.

"Move." She heard Momo whisper. She shifted in the tub, allowing Momo to sit behind her and hold her. "You do realize this water is extremely hot... Right?" She asked.

"Yeah." Sana smiled. "I like it this way." She let out a sigh of relief, feeling content with everything. Yeah, half of their house looked like a tornado had gone through it, but at least they were making progress.

They had professionals come in to take out the old oven and replace it with a new one. They redid their entire kitchen in a few months. It was actually the only nice room in the house. They were working on the living room, working on putting in new wood flooring and fixing the sliding doors to the backyard.

"Just think... When this is all done, we can relax." Momo sighed.

"We still have to do the exterior and landscape." Sana mumbled.

"Right." Momo hung her head, earning a small laugh from Sana. "What's so funny?" She asked.

"You." She smiled. "Nothing bad." She giggled.

"You're lucky I love you." Momo smirked.

"I love you too." Sana smiled at her.

The couple didn't mind doing all of the work in the house. In fact, they kind of enjoyed it. Within a year, they were halfway done with the house, now working on the bedrooms while they slept in the living room. After six months, everything except the exterior and landscape was finished.

"Fuck yes!" Momo shouted while throwing her hands up in the air. "We did it! It took a year and a half just to do the inside but we fucking did it!" She screamed.

"We completely drained our savings..." Sana sighed. "But worth it." She smiled while wrapping her arms around Momo's waist.

"The outside can wait. We just really need to focus on the roof at this point." She shrugged.

"Talk about bonding activities." Sana smirked.

"Exactly. So glad you let me decorate the kitchen." Momo smiled.

"And thank you for letting me decorate the bathrooms and living room." Sana chuckled.

The two were content with themselves. Both extremely happy with everything that had done. Their own little sanctuary away from the world. And it was all theirs to call their own.