19 - Trying

Two months into their new jobs and they both had different experiences.

Sana was finally able to move to a new office, being able to comfortably work. Of course, moving offices meant more IT work. So her newfound office friend sat in her office with her, chatting away.

"Sometimes I really do want to strangle him." Joohyun shrugged.

"Is he really that bad?" Sana frowned.

"He sent Eunji to school without her hair being brushed and homework not done." She scoffed. "It's only the days he has her. It's not okay." She explained. "I just wish he would care." She sighed.

"I don't have kids so..I'm sorry I can't help." Sana frowned. "Only single friends that act like children." She laughed. Joohyun rolled her eyes, looking down at Sana's desk.

"Is this your soulmate?" She asked while pointing at the few pictures on her desk.

"Uh.. my roommate." Sana blushed.

"Sorry." Joohyun laughed nervously.

"It's okay. We were temporarily soulmates as we call it." Sana shrugged. "Both of us peeled t young ages and then we ended up being paired to each other.. then she got a new phrase on her arm." Sana explained quietly.

Joohyun felt for the poor girl. She had peeled right after her daughter's first birthday, causing her husband to peel not too long after. So she understood what all of that meant to her.

"No new phrase for you?" Joohyun asked quietly. Sana shook her head.

"My original soulmate... She never peeled.." she explained.

The two talked more about their lives, Joohyun accepting that Sana needed some guidance and decided to take her under her wing.

Momo on the other hand was excelling without any help from her superiors. She had found a nice balance of fun and learning with the children.

"Mommy! I love this class!" One of the little girls squealed as she left. Momo felt accomplished, feeling better with herself little by little.

When she returned home for the night she sat on her pullout couch, deciding against actually making food and ordered takeout. She scrolled on her phone playing mindless games to pass the time. Of course, she couldn't help herself and looked at Sana's profile again. The last time she did, the only update was months ago and it was a post about her and Sooyoung.

She smiled at the new post, seeing her smile was something else. She decided to text her, see if she was willing to at least talk to her.

Momo: Hey.. Can we talk for a bit?

Sana was in the middle of watching a movie by herself when her phone vibrated. She ignored it at first, deciding to focus on the screen instead. After a few minutes, she picked up her phone, seeing the message from Momo. She smiled slightly, seeing her reach out. She wrote a quick reply, a fluttering feeling in her chest this time.

Sana: Sure, what about?

She set her phone down, anxious for he answer. It wasn't long before another message came through.

Momo: Us maybe? I would much rather do this in person though...

Sana let out a breath. She knew it was an in person conversation. She just didn't want to get caught up in feelings.. And do the wrong thing.

Sana: sure. Come over.

She sent her address, pain now filling her chest. She was terrified. Times like this she was both glad and upset that Sooyoung wasn't home. Glad that she wouldn't be there to give judgmental faces, and upset that she wasn't home to comfort her.

It was another hour before she heard a knock on her door. Sana opened it, seeing a tired Momo.

The two sat on the couch, neither of them saying a word. The pain in Sana's chest was a dull pain. She hoped it would go away soon.

"Um... I..How have you been?" Momo asked.

"I've been okay." Sana answered calmly. "How about you?"

Momo shrugged her shoulders, she didn't want to say she was doing horrible, but she also didn't want to lie and say she was fine.

"Momorin... I.. I've missed you.." Sana finally admitted. "Everyday I wished I had never peeled." She let out a sigh, knowing it was how she felt it still hurt to admit everything.

"Me too... I hated a lot of things for a while. I just wanted you back." Momo chuckled slightly. Sana smiled, seeing her smile made her happy.

"Back with you or back as a person." Sana smirked. Momo snorted, shaking her head at her.

"As a person first." She smiled. "Then back with me. It hurt to see you going through all of that.. It hurt even worse to see you with Sooyoung too.." She frowned. Sana nodded, knowing that it couldn't have been a happy time for her at all.

"Do you think we can try again?" Sana asked. "I have my feelings back... I just can't see in color most of the time." Sana admitted.

"Try us again?" Momo asked.

"Yeah.. I.. I miss you a lot." Sana whispered. She watched how Momo reacted, almost afraid of the answer.

"Okay." She finally whispered.

"Really?" Sana gasped. Momo let out a small laugh, nodding her head. Sana let out a small squeal of happiness, jumping on Momo's lap and kissing her cheek. "That makes me really happy." She smiled.

"It makes me really happy too." Momo chuckled. She held Sana in place, not wanting to let her go. She couldn't help but stare into her deep brown eyes, the light was still somewhat gone from them, but she admitted herself she still couldn't see in color.

"Sooyoung isnt coming home tonight... I set her up with my co-worker.." Sana smirked. "You could stay over..." she winked.

"And do what?" Momo raised her eyebrows at the younger girl, seeing the smirk on her face, she knew what she meant.

"You know exactly what I mean Momorin." Sana purred. "It's been a while has it not?" She whispered.