18 - First Days

Momo had started her new job, starting at the bottom of the totem pole of course. Teaching small children how to do basic dance steps in the span of an hour and a half. God she wished for more patience. She tried her best, but by the end of it she wanted to rip her hair out. The children were all between the ages of three and five. Giving her the biggest headache she could ever imagine.

"Looks like you just want to strangle them when they leave." Momo glanced up, seeing another one of the instructors walk into her studio.

"They just scream..." Momo sighed.

"Yeah, all newbies teach for a week." The instructor laughed before sitting on the floor next to her. "My name is Taemin." He smiled.

"Momo." She gave him a small smile, trying to be polite.

"So you're the famous Momo. Your videos have been a huge hit here." He smiled. "Lots of these kids want to be just like you." He chuckled.

Momo had no idea people even watched her videos. She would do dancing tutorials to specific songs, covers with her sister and friends.

"The one kids loved the most was this one." Taemin pulled out his phone, showing a dance cover she had done with Mina in college. Both of them effortlessly moving with the music.

"That was actually an exam final we were trying to memorize." Momo chuckled.

"I hope you both got good marks!" He smiled.

"We got a solid B.. can't complain." Momo shrugged.

The two talked for a bit, Momo feeling a little better about teaching. She didn't mind it, but she wished she could have done what Mina had done and take the performers route. She was a part of an agency now dancing with them and doing shows. Momo couldn't help but be envious of her friend. But she was happy for her. She was doing what she loved.

Going to her tiny apartment at night always sucked. It was extremely tiny, the only other room being the bathroom. She set her bag down, kicking off her shoes and walking into the tiny kitchen.

She tied an apron around her, quickly prepping a small meal before bed. She didn't like not being able to cook something more, but it was all she had. The only extra money she had was supposed to be savings to move. So she had to make everything stretch.

As she curled up under her blanket, she heard her downstairs neighbors arguing. A normal occurrence. She didn't know why they could be arguing if they were supposed soulmates. Maybe one of them was peeling and the other didn't want any of it to end.

Something she knew all too well.

"And this is your office." Sana stared at the tiny space that had another desk. "Of course temporarily while the rest of the building is under renovations." Her boss smiled at her. "You will share this office for at least two months until everything is done." He explained.

Sana sat at the desk, sitting and watching the IT department remote into her computer and set everything up. They said it would only take fifteen minutes. Here she was an hour into working and the most she had done already was reorganize her pens four times.

"You must be Sana." Sana looked up, seeing a small dark haired woman walk in. "Joohyun. You can call me Irene if you want too." She extended her hand, which Sana immediately stood and shook. "Sorry I wasn't here sooner. My daughter was fighting me about going to school." She sighed.

"Don't worry. Guess we'll be working close quarters for a while." Sana chuckled.

"Sadly." Joohyun sighed. "They put me in here last month and I barely got everything managed." She explained.

"How long have renovations been going on?" Sana frowned. Joohyun shrugged her shoulders, setting her bag near her desk. "Also... is the IT department always this slow?" Sana frowned.

"They get paid by the hour... So yes." She smirked. Sana let out a small laugh and shook her head. "Come. I'll teach you on my computer the system." She smiled.

When Sana arrived home, she saw Sooyoung standing in the kitchen watching her phone with a pot on the stove.

"How was job hunting?" Sana asked her.

"Great. Interview tomorrow." She mumbled without looking up.

"You don't seem nervous at all." She laughed.

"Sorry.. I am. I'm just.. going over my resume and making sure everything looked okay." She sighed. Sana wrapped her arms around Sooyoung's waist, resting her head against her chest. "I can't fuck this up.." she whispered.

"You won't." Sana smiled up at her.

"Stop being positive. Wallow in pity with me." She laughed. Sana shook her head looking down at the pot on the stove. "How was your first day?" She asked.

"Boring. When I left IT was still working on my computer." Sana groaned. "Met a cute single mom." She winked.

"Wait. How old and is she into women." Sooyoung gasped. Sana shrugged, causing her friend to squeal and push her off. "YOU DO NOT JUST SAY THAT AND NOT GIVE ME MORE DETAILS!!!" She screeched. Sana let out a loud cackle before running to the bedroom. "Sa-Chan you'll pay for that!!!" She shouted from the kitchen.

All she wanted was to be happy. She was happy, but she knew she could be happier. Part of her regretted not accepting Sana's offer. Both of them living together and working on their relationship. She stood in front of the produce area of the grocery store, hearing the familiar laugh. When she looked up she saw Sana with her roommate.

"No I told you. No more." Sana grabbed the kiwi package from her and placed it back.

"I thought you liked the smoothies!" Sooyoung glared.

"I did for like a week." Sana laughed.

Momo smiled seeing her laugh while pushing the shopping cart. She wished now that she had never said no.