13 - Wedding

Momo sat with her mother. Her entire head spinning.

"We can't?" Momo frowned.

"Sadly no.. When your father left... I never peeled." Her mother explained. "I had to suffer and watch." She frowned. Momo shook her head. It couldn't be happening.

"So you're telling me I have to go to this wedding. See my soulmate with another person and be okay with that?!" Momo snapped. "Mom I can't do that. It kills me to see her like that with someone else." She cried.

She did her best to console her daughter. She hated seeing her like this.

"How do I fix this?" Momo sniffed.

"You can't. But you can still date and see other people." Her mother explained. Momo nodded, trying to comprehend everything.

Months had gone by, the wedding fast approaching. They had a week left until the actual date, everyone stressing over everything.

"I swear. Both of you are idiots getting married during college." Momo whispered to Mina.

"Hey it's summer break. Besides we both get a discounted price for the rest of our education because of it." Mina smirked. "And it feels right. Getting married now." She smiled. Momo nodded, not understanding what she meant at all. But she supported her.

When the day of the actual wedding came, Momo saw her old friends, smiling and hugging them. She was fine until she saw Sana walk in. Hand in hand with some new girl. She looked better. Happy even. A few girls crowded the couple, taking eagerly with them. She decided against approaching her now. Wanting to talk to her when she was alone rather than in front of a bunch of people.

She did hear their conversation though...

"Sana! Let me see it!" One girl gasped.

"Shh. Keep it quiet." Sana whispered. Momo watched Sana hand over her phone, everyone immediately cooing over a picture. Momo felt relieved that it was just a picture.

When the ceremony started, Momo glanced over to see Sana leaned into her new person. She felt a pang of jealousy in her gut. She hated it. She hated how this new girl held her. Her arm draped over her shoulders and Sana playing with her fingers. The longer she watched, she realized that Sana was smiling. It looked genuine too. She couldn't hate that...

Sana knew Momo was there. She was nervous to be there, but she had to support her friends. Sooyoung held her close, keeping her nerves somewhat at bay.

"You guys honestly are adorable together." Sana smiled at the newlyweds.

"Congrats." Sooyoung smiled.

"Thank you." Mina and Chaeyoung smiled. The two couples chatted for a moment or two, everyone cutting in and out talking to them.

"Sooyoungie!" Nayeon chuckled while approaching them. "Love the dress!" She smiled.

"Thanks. It has pockets." Sooyoung winked while showing her. The two went into a deep conversation regarding new laws, Nayeon studying for environmental law and Sooyoung going for corporate law, the two were butting heads on a few topics. Sana excused herself, finding the topic extremely boring.

She stood at the bar, waiting for her drink when she noticed Momo sitting alone. She hadn't noticed her, and she hoped she wouldn't... she didn't feel great. Feeling the pain in her chest again just staring at her.

Just her luck, Momo did notice her. She gave her a small wave, hoping she would talk to her willingly instead of Momo forcing it on her. Sana felt the pain worsening, but she decided to be civil and talk to her.

"Long time no see?" Momo smiled at her, pain still in her stomach.

"Yeah..." Sana mumbled. "How have you been?" She asked.

"Good.. Graduating soon." Momo shrugged. "You?"

"Same.. then off for more schooling." Sana answered quietly. The pain in her chest felt like her insides were on fire. She tried to tough it out, trying to amend everything with Momo.

"Oh. Still going for the management science?" She asked. Sana nodded, her hand moving to her chest. "Are you okay?" Momo frowned immediately.

"I'm fine." Sana breathed. "I just need to go outside." She stood up quickly, apologizing before leaving.

Momo rushed behind her, seeing Sana sitting away from everyone on a bench. She slowly approached her, sitting next to her.

"I'm so sorry Momorin." Sana whispered. "Looking at you hurts me so much..." she sniffed.

"I'm sorry.." Momo scooted away from her, afraid to hurt her more. "I talked to my mom and ran tests.. I'll never peel."

"What?" Sana frowned.

"My mom never peeled after my dad. It still hurts her to this day." Momo frowned. "So no matter what happens... I'm stuck to you."

Sana felt terrible. Her family had peeling genetics while Momo's were always going to be bound to that person...

"Sana?" Both girls looked up at the voice. Sana knew exactly who was calling for her. She closed her eyes and hung her head.

"I think your girlfriend is calling for you.." Momo sighed.

"I know..." Sana whispered. She stood up from the bench, her legs slightly weak from the pain she was dealing with. Momo wanted to help her, but she was afraid. Afraid of hurting her.

"Sana.. Baby are you okay?" Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Sana, holding her tightly. Sana cried into her chest, trying to calm herself down. Her eyes met Momo's, a slight hint of anger as she ushered Sana back inside.

Sana at on Sooyoung's lap, her face buried in her neck as she tried to fight the pain in her chest. She rubbed her back slowly, whispering comforting words as she calmed her down.

"Is Sana okay?" Jihyo asked while sitting at the table with them.

"She's having the pain again." Sooyoung frowned. "More intense this time." She explained.

"I'm okay.." Sana whimpered.

"Are you sure? We can go home.." Sooyoung whispered.

"Won't Mina and Chaeyoung be upset..?" She pouted.

"I'm sure we'll understand." Sana looked up to see Chaeyoung giving her a small smile. "Honestly I came over here to talk with you guys and tell this couple over here to stop being so cute but now I see why." She chuckled.

"Are you sure?" Sana was nervous.

"Positive." Chaeyoung smiled.

The young couple left the wedding, both of them sitting in the back of a taxi taking them to their shared apartment. Sana held onto Sooyoung's hand the entire time. Afraid of everything at this moment.

When they got to their apartment, their puppy ran to them, barking up a storm. Sooyoung calmed down the little dog by carrying him to their room while they changed.

"Sooyoung-ah... I'm sorry." Sana frowned. Sooyoung stepped out of her dress, walking over to help Sana out of hers.

"Don't be sorry." Sooyoung kissed the back of her shoulder, holding her tightly. "I'm not mad at you. Or anyone really..." she whispered. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." Sana sighed, a small smile hinting on her lips.