9 - Apart

Momo found herself staring across the street at the normal school during her academic classes. It had been three months since Sana explained her condition to Momo. Both of them crying to the point of exhaustion.

They had begun their final year of high school, both of them no longer together. Sana only saw black and white, with different shades of grey. Her eyes no longer had the same sparkle they once had. Only dull and lifeless almost.

"I got my acceptance letter." Jeongyeon smiled while showing Sana the paper.

"That's Great.." Sana mumbled. She wanted to be happy for her friend. But she couldn't.

"Aren't you supposed to take pills for this?" She frowned at her friend.

"Not anymore." Sana shrugged. "Last visit I told them I finished the bottle. They said now it has to run its course." She explained. Jeongyeon nodded, holding her friend's hand.

Momo still chatted with Sana. It killed her to see her so monotone with life.

"Why don't you at least try to salvage it?" Mina whispered.

"I tried searching how. There's nothing.. She isn't bound to me but I'm bound to her." Momo frowned as they walked to the bus stop together.

"Doesn't mean you're can't hug her or show affection towards her." Mina frowned. Momo nodded, deciding to show more affection towards her. There wasn't anything online that said she couldn't.

When the group arrived at the bus stop, Sana was nowhere to be found. Only her friends.

"Where's Sana?" Momo frowned at Chaeyoung.

"Her dad's driver picks her up now. Since she started university classes she can't take the bus." Jeongyeon answered for her. Momo frowned, feeling more upset that she couldn't spend time with her as much.

"I guess on that note... I'll start walking home..." Momo mumbled. She waved goodbye to her friends as she started down the sidewalk. After a few minutes she heard someone running behind her.

"You think I'd let you walk alone?" Mina's voice had caught up to her, clearly out of breath from running to catch up.

"Yeah? I walk home alone everyday." Momo mumbled.

"Well good thing we live near each other." Mina smiled. Momo chuckled, feeling much better with company.

Sana sat in her classes, working as hard as she could. Things were different and she hated it. All of the students were older, a very small portion were her age.

"Mind if i sit here?" Sana looked up to see a young girl standing next to her. She shook her head, allowing the girl to sit next to her. "How old are you?" She asked.

"Almost eighteen... How old are you?" Sana asked.

"Sixteen!" The girl smiled. "Nice to see someone is still a teenager here." Sana looked at the girl, clearly confused. "The name is Dahyun. Yours?"

"Sana." She mumbled.

As time had gone on, Momo and Sana had fallen out of contact. Sana busy with her schedule while Momo busy with her performing schedule.

Momo sat at the table, seeing her rejection letters from the culinary schools she had applied to.

"You have two more envelopes..." her mother whispered. "Both performing arts schools." She handed them to her daughter, seeing tears already brimming her eyes.

Momo opened the letters, one a rejection and the other acceptance. Her eyes widened at the school name.

"I GOT INTO THE PRESTIGIOUS ONE!!!" Momo shouted, falling out of her chair.

"Really?!" Her mother gasped while looking over the letter. "I'm so proud of you!!"

"How are we going to afford tuition?" Reality suddenly hit Momo in the face. Her mother skimmed over the letter, a small sigh escaping her lips.

"You have a scholarship, but you'll have to pay for some things. Textbooks, food." Her mother explained. "Classes are covered if you dance for them."

"Done!" Momo smiled.

"And then I said, you can't just put the water jug on and walk away!" Sana's father laughed. Everyone else at the table laughed with him, except her.

"Is your daughter okay?" His boss asked after laughing.

"She's just not feeling well." Her mother jumped in and placed a hand to her daughter's forehead. It was a lie to cover up her condition, but when she touched her forehead, she immediately pulled away. Her daughter's skin was extremely warm to the touch. "Honey...?" Her mother frowned.

"I don't feel good..." Sana whispered.

Sana had spent the night in the hospital, being sent home the next morning with a severe case of a stomach virus.

She stayed in bed, not wanting to move or do anything. Her new friends from her university blew to her phone, all of them concerned for her.

Dahyun: I got your work and made copies of my notes from science class today for you.

Jihyo: Same except for Lit 101.

Sana: thanks guys. Just email them to me.

Dahyun: Doneee

Jihyo: are you sure we can't get you anything?

Sana: I'm fine.

Jihyo: :(

Dahyun: sending good vibes

Sana: thanks. Can't feel it but thanks.

Dahyun: ACCEPT MY VIBES.

Sana: accepting

Dahyun: :D

Sana set her phone down. She hated being sick. But it was her life now.

Momo sat in her stage costume. It was crazy to think just last year at the same time she was with her soulmate, excited to perform. Now she was performing to keep her spot in a performing arts school that wanted her.

"Momorin! I heard you got accepted!!! Congrats!!!" Mina squealed when she saw her elder.

"Thanks." Momo smiled. "Did you apply?"

"I sent in my application and video. Haven't hear back yet." She sighed.

"I'm sure you'll make it. And we'll have class together again!" Momo smiled.

"Yeah!" Nayeon chuckled. Both girls turned to see their already graduated best friend backstage with them. They tackled her into a tight hug, smiling at her.

"What school did you go to again?" Momo asked.

"The science and tech one. Same one as Sana." Nayeon smiled.

"How is she?" Momo frowned.

"She looks... upset everyday." Nayeon sighed. "I tried talking to her but these two girls keep talking to her." She frowned. Momo nodded. At least she knew she was alive.