Chapter 22

"Are you ready?" Gerard called from downstairs, I sighed and grabbed my suitcase. I couldn't risk Gerard's secret being exposed. We both had to move just so he was safe.

"Coming" I shouted running down, dragging the suitcase with me.

Gerard was smiling, acting as though nothing was happening. I could see in his eyes he was worried though, we both knew what would happen if they found out he was a clone. I was scared, scared he was going to be taken away from me. I couldn't have that, I needed him and he needed me.

"You ready?" He asked and I looked down.

"I need to say goodbye to some people, it's only fair" I whispered.

"I'll take your suitcase and I'll meet you at the park. Take your time, I'll wait" He smiled and grabbed my suitcase and his which contained hardly anything. "We'll be fine" He chuckled and walked out the house. 

Would we be, though? Those words are so easy to say, yet do we actually believe them? Everything will be fine, we'll be fine. The words kept running in a circle in my head, I was trying to convince myself it would be fine.

Something felt wrong though. Terribly wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it but it was making my stomach lurch. Maybe it was the thought of no more Gerard, no more partner for me. Maybe it was the thought of him being murdered.

I frowned and shook my head, walking out of the door and getting in my car. I had to drive to Sara and say goodbye, I couldn't tell her where we was going in case. The less she knew the better.

The drive wasn't that long actually, it made me feel better, the sooner I got this over with the sooner I could be with Gerard.

I parked the car up and knocked on the front door, waiting patiently.

"Who is it? If it's Jack, FUCK OFF" She shouted from inside and I chuckled quietly. She was so charming.

"It's Jenny!" I shouted and as quick as that, the door clicked open. She stood there looking around for Gerard. "Only Jenny" I rolled my eyes and she pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, Jen" She let go and smiled, "How's the song coming?"

"Forget that...I have to be quick Sara" She raised an eyebrow and I kept my eyes glued onto the ground. "I'm leaving, with Gee"

"Where!?" She gasped and held my arms. "Why? What's happened?"

"Nothing, We just think it's better to go somewhere else, this town isn't the best for all the music equipment" I chuckled, "I'll call you. I won't loose you"

"Good. 'Cause if you don't call i'm going to track you down and kick your ass" She smiled yet I saw her eyes tear up. "I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you too" I sighed and gave her one last hug. "Goodbye Sara" I whispered and she returned the farewell. I let go and sniffed, nodding to her and walking to the car. That was the one and only person I'd truly miss. I had to say goodbye to her, to let her know I was going. She always stood by me and I lied to her, now I'm leaving her. 

I began driving to the park, thinking about my future with Gerard. Was it all worth it? All this trouble...Just for him. I had to lie to people, I had to move away just to protect him. I loved him, though. People do crazy things for love and I'm guessing this is apart of my crazy thing. Leaving my life and starting a new one with him.

I arrived at the park and stopped the car. I jumped out and began walking towards the centre of it. I seemed to feel so depressed when there was children laughing, running around. Couples were walking and holding hands. I was envious.

I saw Gerard, he was sitting on the bench with his hood up. There was no sign of the suitcases. I approached him and sat with him.

"I've finished" I whispered and he nodded. "Where's the suitcases"

"Gone" He whispered.

"Where?"

"They're just gone" He whispered. There was something definitely wrong. I frowned and pulled down his hood, gasping. That wasn't my Gerard, not the clone. That was the real Gerard Way.

"What have you done to him" I frowned and stood up.

"You need to sit down and calm, it's all over now"

"What do you mean!?" I shouted, making people look in our direction confused.

"I took care of the problem, in about five minutes that...Thing will be dead"

"That 'thing' is human! You're going to kill a human being!?" I screamed and dived on him, wrapping my hands around his throat squeezing. Before I could even start to choke the life out of him, two men in black suits grabbed my arms and pulled me back as I wiggled.

"It's a clone, it's not allowed to live. You don't understand. You never will. This is for the best okay?"

Then I heard a gun shot, coming from the alleyway. People began screaming and running away but I stood still, frozen. Gerard...The real Gerard killed the clone. Well, he got someone else to. I was left alone now, the one person I truly loved was just killed. I felt my own life being drained away. I felt my knee's go weak until I was unable to stand, the two men held me up.

"I'm sorry. It was for the best" Gerard whispered, reaching out a hand to touch my cheek but I shook my head, tears falling. What now? What do I do without him? I felt weak, depressed and alone. I needed my clone, he was like my life support. Now, I simply cannot breathe.