Welcome Home

As I pulled up to the jail Lance was standing there waiting on me to pull up. I couldn't park the car fast enough to let my baby in. As I parked I jumped out and ran to him. I jumped on him and started kissing him all over his face and lips. He held onto me and put me down.

"Calm down babes. I ain't going no where." Ghost said to her.

"I missed you baby. I have been waiting on this day." Val said.

"I know baby. Me too. Come on let's go. I've did enough time at this damn place."

They walked to the car and got in. Lance drove and Valerie sat on the passenger side and grabbed his arm and put hers inside of his. She leaned on him and took a deep breath.

"Damn I missed you baby." She said to him.

"I know. I miss you too baby."

"You know Dave wants you to call him. I told him you was not coming out none today. And I mean that." Val said sitting up looking at him.

"I'll give him a call. But I'm not going nowhere babe. I was spending this entire day with you." He said as he leaned over and kissed her lips.

"Good well go ahead and call his ass now and get it out the way." She said.

"Damn babe it's like that?"

"Hell yeah it's like that. I'm tired of his ass and you should be too."

"Don't start this shit. I told you that is my nigga. I'll always have his back. I know he would have mine."

"He will have yours huh? And where the hell was he when you was locked up huh? Out here enjoying his shit. You took that charge for him and I don't like that." Valerie said.

"Baby I told you that was not on Dave. Don't blame him for some shit that I willingly did. I could have left but I didn't. I chose to stay. So don't blame him." Ghost said.

"And yet you still taking his side. What about me? What about our life?" Val asked.

"Baby don't do this alright. I just got out and I want to enjoy being free. We don't even have to talk about Dave right now. Let's just enjoy us."

"Fine. I'm only doing this for you. And I am not done with this conversation either." Valerie said.

Lance pulled up to the house and cut off the car. He turns and faced Valerie. He grabbed her by the hand and turned her to him.

"Baby you got to stop this. Dave has been there for me since day one. We grew up together. That was my call to stay. I could have ran but I didn't. I wanted to make sure those niggas was dead. You can't keep blaming Dave for that shit. I won't allow it. Do you understand me?" He said.

Valerie just looked at him and rolled her eyes.

"You are gonna learn yet about him. He's gonna get you tied in some shit you can't get out of. And then what? Where will that leave me? Alone. I'm tired of it Lance."

"Come on. Don't do that. Let's just go in the house. I want to get in the house and enjoy being out."

They got out the car and he got inside. He took a shower and relaxed. Valerie fixed them something to eat. They ate and was cuddling on the sofa. Half way in the movie his cell rings. Val looked up and him as she watched him pull the phone out and look at the caller ID.