Let Me Explain

I pulled up to the house and got out the truck. I locked it up and headed to the house. I unlocked the door and cut the alarm off. I set it back and went to the kitchen to get me something strong to drink. This with Desiree is not gonna end well. I can feel that shit already. I poured me a drink and took it to the head. I poured another glass and took it to the head. In between me pouring the next glass I saw Amber walking in the kitchen. All I saw was that glow on her face as she carried my baby. She looked at me with that look and sat at the high bar.

She looked at me as I took the next drink to the head and poured another.

"Hmm." Amber said looking at me.

"What?" Dave asked.

"The only time you drink like that is either when something just happened or you just got yourself in some shit. So which one is it?"

"Amber don't start baby. It's not even that. I have a lot on my mind and just trying to think what I want to do about it."

"Lies. Don't lie to me. I know when you are lying. And right now you are. I won't sit here and let you lie to my face Dave."

Dave put his hoodie on and sat to the table. He pulled his money and phone out and sat his drink on the table. He started going through his phone to calm down.

 He started going through his phone to calm down

"Put that damn phone down and talk to me Dave. What is going on? You was gone a long time. No phone call or nothing. What happened when you got there?"

"Nothing. Just drop it Aight."

"No we are not gonna just drop it. What's going on? Every time you come back from her house we have issues. You drink heavy and all. Now what's going on? I have the right to know. I'm carrying your baby." Amber said getting frustrated.

"Amber I don't want to argue with you about this. This has nothing to do with me you and the baby. She just doing some stupid shit that's getting on my damn nerves."

"Like what?"

Dave stood up and put his items back in his pocket and walked off from Amber. He ran his hand through his beard and took a deep breath. He turned his back to Amber and looked out the window. Amber came to him and turned him back to her.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you Dave. I know it's something. And I want to know right now dammit."

Dave crosses his arms and look at her. He has this mean look on his face. All the drinks he drunk was kicking in and he felt his buzz.