✨ Chapter 14: Soul Sisters

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much," Kadence smiled as the familiar feeling of butterflies set in, "I really can't thank you enough though because technically none of this would be possible if it weren't for you taking a chance on me."

"Nah don't give me all the credit, I just so happened to run into you before another celebrity could, I got lucky."

Kadence shook her head, "Always the modest one."

Sabian chuckled, "How did lunch with your father and brothers go, did you tell them news?"

"Oh shit." Kadence said suddenly remembering the very reason she was parked in the restaurants parking lot.

"Don't tell me you forgot" Sabian laughed.

"No no no, I did not forget to meet them I just got distracted and forgot to get out of the car."

Sabian chuckled and shook his head, "Call me later."

"K, bye." Kadence said hanging up and rushing out of the car.

"Why wear a watch if you still can't keep track of time?" Ryan said the moment Kadence reached their table.

"For fashion of course." Kadence smirked.

"Yeah yeah yeah, you're late." Ryan slit his eyes.

"But at least I'm cute while doing it." Kadence said as she went around the table hugging and kissing each of them.

"I missed those witty remarks." her father smiled as she took a seat in between Ryan and Cameron.

"Hell I didn't." Kortez said jokingly.

"Don't worry, I know you missed them most of all." Kadence teased as their waitress approached their table, unbeknownst to Kadence for the second time.

"Okay, are you guys ready to order now?" she asked and everyone nodded before giving her their orders.

"Okay so I have two cokes, one sprite, one corona, one water with lemon, two steak and shrimp, one Chinese chicken salad, one fusion special, and one salmon Alfredo; am I right?"

"You're correct, thank you." Kadence smiled.

"Now I know we've missed a lot, Kadence just ordered a salad when there was steak on the menu." Ryan joked.

"For your information, I happen to love their chinese chicken salad and I also ate before I got here."

"Lunch before lunch now that sounds like Kadence." Cameron said.

"Blah blah blah, so how's life?" Kadence asked.

"You tell us, you're the one who became a big shot and forgot about her family." Kortez playfully scoffed.

Kadence rolled her eyes, "I didn't forget about you guys I just needed some space, I don't do well with drama and that's all it is whenever mommy and I don't agree."

"We understand sweet heart, we just would love if you started coming around again, we're family." Charles said.

"I'll try my best daddy, I'm just really busy these days so even if it feels like it's on purpose I promise it's not."

"I understand baby girl just call more at least, that'll make my day."

"I will." Kadence smiled as the waitress sat their drinks down in front of them.

"So speaking of busy, how's Sire the Don doing?" Cameron asked, his voice laced with amusement.

Kadence took a long desperate sip of her water, "Is that what this lunch is about?"