Chapter 16

i still don't know but at least it's not 3 in the morning

*Killua's POV*

I can tell a lot about people from the way they act, talk, speak write and dress. Though, I hate it whenever I encounter people who are like me. The people that I can't tell whether they're being serious or not. I can tell that Gon's simple-minded. Kurapika is insanely smart. Leorio is very determined. But Juice. . . 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I swear to God, she's on drugs. 

I can't say for sure that my ears are better than Gon's, but I still heard what she said before she jumped. When all of the applicants gathered and waiting in this small room, I asked her. "Hey, Juice, did you say what I think you said before you jumped?"

I saw her eyes go wide and her freckled cheeks turn a light hue of pink. "Uh, um, well, what do you think I said?" She questioned in a slightly deeper tone than usual, making nervous eye contact. This girl. . . one second she's bullying me and laughing because I tripped, and the next second she's blushing and stuttering? She has to be bipolar. 

"If your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?" I mocked, imitating her voice to my best ability.

"I don't sound like that!" she argued as she crossed her arms, the blush mostly disappearing. Is she gonna bully me again? She's lucky she's funny.

"Don't try to change the subject! You definitely said it, your face proves it!" I pointed as the blush returned to her face.

"N-no I didn't! You're just hearing things! Why am I s-stuttering? It's definitely too cold in here. She started rubbing her arms, chattering her teeth and avoiding eye contact. I rolled my eyes as Kurapika turned to see why she was shaking.

"Juice, are you okay? Why are you shaking?" he asked, giving Juice a concerned look. I rolled my eyes as she started to reply, but I beat her to it. 

"She's just petty," I answered. Kurapika rolled his eyes and ruffled her hair and turned back around to talk to the old geezer. Gon was talking to the lady that looked like Juice, I'm pretty sure her name is Ponzi or something. Juice huffed heavily into her hands, she was starting to look like she was actually cold. 

"N-no I'm n-not!" she countered. I decided to let it go. She didn't look too good. She was actually shaking. "K-Kurapika. . . "

"Yeah, Juice?" the blonde asked, turning around to face the shivering girl that was in front of me. He frowned once he saw her and pressed the back of his hand to her forehead. "The worst time this could possibly happen.

"I know. Gimme."  Kurapika took off the blue and red cloth he wore over his tracksuit and he handed it to her. She wrapped it around herself like a cacoon and did what looked like a quick breathing exercise. 

"Are you okay?" I asked bluntly. She nodded quickly, making sure to make eye contact this time.

"Yep!" she replied. "Just a frequent fever. I'll be okay."

"Jeez, you really do have a lot of problems. Both physically and mentally."

"Hey! T-that's not very ni- ice!" she chattered. 

"But neither are you."  She paused a few seconds to comprehend that. 

"You're not wrong," she admitted. I started laughing just as Gon came up beside us. 

"Hey guys! I- Hey Juice, are you okay?"  Gon had a worried look on his face.

"I-I'm fine! Just a little fever." Juice smiled. The smile on her face was enough to distract you from her shivering form. Gon returned the smile and turned to the front of the room, where the examiners were trying to get our attention.

"Attention!"

sorry guys i rushed the end cuz im gonna go watch 'your name' now. ciao and i'll try to update more

1/13/20