Chapter 9

Gon and I slowly moved forward, trying to put our plan into action.

"3...2...1...now." I whispered.

Gon grabbed Killua by his waist, dragging him to the edge of the forest, the suddenness surprising Kurapika. Immediately after that, I stepped in front of Kurapika and smacked him on the side of the head.

" Owwwwww!"  he yelled, holding his head in his hands.

Gon ran over, leaving a really confused but thankful Killua by the forest. I gave him a high-five.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot!" Gon said as he turned to where Killua was still standing, dumbfounded.

"Good job, Killua! I heard waking up Juice without being strangled is very hard!"

I saw Killua sweat drop before walking over to where we were standing.

"I-er-um...thanks?" he said, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I chuckled before turning to Kurapika, who was pressing his hand to the place where I hit him. I sat down next to him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Kurapika...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Is it really that bad?" I asked with a devilish smirk on my face.

"Yes, it is!!!"

I laughed.

"I can still see the look of utter hatred in your scarlet eyes, and feel the way your hands grasp my neck with such force, even though most people can't even make a fist when they wake up. It haunts my dreams to this very day." he said as he slowly rubbed his neck with both hands.

I continued to laugh as Kurapika kept on muttering. When he finally stopped, I sighed and looked him in the eyes.

"You know I don't really mean it, right?"

He sighed.

"I know. It's just a natural reaction for you, your brain has your body follow through with it. But that's why it's such a big deal for me. You can't help what you do, and you could end up seriously injuring or even killing someone you really care about. It pains me that you don't have complete control over the situation."

I looked down at the grass, letting my bangs cover my eyes.

"Yeah...but I'll train my brain before that happens. I can't move my limbs if my brain's not telling it to. I guess I'll train to be more alert while I'm sleeping, that should help."

Kurapika nodded.

"That's a good idea."

I looked back up at him with a smile on my face.

"Good. Now give me a piggyback ride."

Kurapika looked at me for a count of three seconds before registering what I said.