008 ✦ Amusing Argument

Running through that dense forest was a challenge and took concentration, and it was a while before the two noticed that Gon was missing.

"Huh? Where did Gon. . ?" Killua asked, looking around in confusion and disappointment. Juice looked to Killua's left where the boy had previously been, and saw nothing. She had never intended going with Gon to confront Hisoka- that would be terrifying- but at least the information told her that they were almost at the Second Phase.

"I'm sure he'll be okay. We'll see him at the Second Phase." 

Killua gave the bluenette a confused look. "How do you know?" he asked.

Juice hesitated on answering, trying to figure out how to word it. 

"I kinda just have that feeling, Gon is special Hunter material. Even if he loses his way, he'll always find his way back."

Killua nodded, keeping his gaze on the path in front of him. "How long have you known him?"

Technically, the girl has known him for six years, but personally? "I met him yesterday."

"What?! And you can already tell?!"

"Yeah." I agreed.

"What about me?"

Juice tilted her head to the side to look at the silverette, making a huge show of thoroughly inspecting him head to toe. She circled him while running to add to the effect. After a bit, she returned to her original position next to the boy.

"I dunno."

Killua winced and a tick-mark appeared on his forehead, glaring at Juice. "How can you tell so soon with Gon but not me?! How do I even know you're telling the truth?!"

Juice resisted the urge to grin and shrugged her shoulders, suppressing her laugh. 

"I dunno."

Killua sighed and shook his head, still staring at the freckled girl. "You're kinda like me, in a way," he said, returning to his normal composure.

"How so?"

"People only find me interesting because they can't tell whether I'm being serious or not. I can't tell whether you're being serious or not, and I'm curious," he muttered, staring into her hazel eyes. If not for Juice's self-control, she would've been blushing to her ears by now. She felt almost honored.

"I am being serious." she smiled, keeping up the facade. "If I'm around you for long enough, I'll be able to tell."

Killua eyed her skeptically and turned his head to the opposite side. "Liar."

Juice laughed at the accusation, sticking her tongue out before responding. "If that's what you think, Killua."

Their conversation halted as they reached the edge of the forest, coming to a large clearing. The fog started to lift, and Juice happily plopped down onto the grass.

"Finally! I can see properly, now!"

"Yeah, I don't have to strain my eyes anymore."  Killua joined the girl on the grass, laying down right next to her. Juice tried to continue the conversation and turned her head to his direction. 

"What do you think the Second Phase will be?" she asked, peering into his sapphire eyes. He shrugged, well, as much as he could lying down.

"I have no idea. It could be anything."

Juice nodded and turned onto her back, staring face up at the brilliant blue sky. Her mind was racing with thoughts, which mostly consisted of;

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M TALKING TO ONE AND ONLY KILLUA ZOLDYCK AS IF WE WERE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT, DOES HE CONSIDER ME A FRIEND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! OR THINK THAT I'M CUTE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! PLEASE LET HIM THINK I'M CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!