Chapter 13

*Kurapika's P.O.V*

I eventually heard the buzz of the large airship as it hovered over us. It dropped down, surprisingly, a person. What am I saying? The person himself jumped down to us.

It was an old man. He had a white outfit with blue accents and platform sandals. How can anybody walk in those things? He went and had a small conversation with Menchi, and eventually, we were all boarding the airship on our way to Mount Split 'n' Half.

"Is this what you meant by you haven't failed yet?" Leorio asked Juice, with a look of astonishment plastered on his face. 

"Yeah," she said nonchalantly. "it was pretty easy to predict the Hunter Committee wouldn't let Menchi fail all of the applicants in only the Second Phase. That's highly unreasonable." she finished.

"Wow, Juice! You're really smart!" Gon exclaimed with a big smile. " I never would've thought of that!"

Juice blushed and looked away. She was really never good with compliments unless she felt really happy. "It was nothing." she muttered.

Even I didn't think of that. I smiled and looked down at her. 

"Good thinking, Juice." I said cheerfully.

"Oh, uh, thanks." she said. I pulled out her ponytail, just to annoy her, and gave her a bit of what I thought was advice.

"You know, you really should learn to take a compliment."

"Hey!" As she yelled, I ran as fast as I could down the halls of the airship, because when she found me, she was going to hit me. But it was worth it. "Give it back!" 

I ran and ran and turned and turned through the multiple hallways of the airship, eventually stopping to catch my breath. I heard Juice's footsteps gaining on me, so I continued to run until I reached the food court. I hadn't planned on ending up here.

There were very little people around, only one or two that were already on board. I looked around and had an idea.

I ran over to a small niche that was located between two of the fast-food stores and waited. I eventually heard Juice's footsteps turn the closest corner to the entrance and then eventually fade away. I cracked open the door and peeked around. Juice was nowhere to be seen. I opened the door and walked out, sighing a sigh of relief. Juice wouldn't be fooled for long, so I had to act quick.

I sprinted to the nearest WcDonald's food stand and placed my order.

"Could I have three triple cheeseburgers, a large fry with extra salt, a large french vanilla latte, a Yershey's pie, a ten-piece chicken nugget, a large lemonade, and a fudge sundae with crushed Meeses? Oh, and some ketchup, please?" the lady behind the register looked at me skeptically, but she told me the price and I paid her. Five minutes later, I had my order, thankfully there was nobody else there or my plan wouldn't have worked.

I grabbed the tray and seated myself at one of the tables, and waited. I put Juice's ponytail on my wrist, along with the others she made me keep there. Eventually, she came running down the opposite hallway, her face showing confusion. Soon she spotted me and sprinted in my direction. Her expression changed to that of anger, and she charged towards me. I remained still, unmoving. 

"GIVE ME MY-", Juice was cut off by the large heap of food on the tray in front of me. She looked at me, her expression back to confused, though this time she showed longing. 

"You know,  you look really pretty with your hair down. You should keep it down more." I said. Juice sat down opposite of me. I could tell she was trying to analyze the situation at hand. "I wouldn't mind giving all this food to you if you keep your hair down for today and tomorrow."