Chapter 3

Four years have passed. Kurapika is seventeen, and I am twelve.

We are about to leave for the Hunter Exam.

"Juice! Hurry up! We're gonna miss the boat!" Kurapika yelled from the living room.

"I'm trying!" 

The old nickname, Juice, Kurapika gave me, stuck. I got so used to it that now I introduce myself as it.

It's my new name.

I also stopped calling Kurapika Oni-san. I just call him Kurapika now.

I slipped on my usual outfit and bolted out of the bathroom to retrieve my backpack.

My outfit consists of one-leg-turquoise one-leg-bright pink tights (left turquoise right pink), black shorts that go over my tights and reach to my mid-thigh, a plain white baggy T-shirt, and leather finger less gloves, one turquoise one bright pink to match my tights (right turquoise left pink).

Kurapika doesn't expect me to wear traditional Kurta clothes because I don't remember anything about the Kurtas'.

Yep. I'm still using that excuse.

Immediately after I slip on my small, black backpack, I rush towards the door while putting my long turquoise hair into a mid-high ponytail, leaving my bangs to cover my forehead.

"Here I-wait!"

I rushed to the kitchen and flung open the fridge. 

I grabbed four juice packets and ran back to the door.

I threw one to Kurapika, stuffed one in each of my shorts pockets, and opened the last one.

I hurriedly tied my black tennis shoes.

"OK! Let's go!" I yelled, all pumped.

"Juice, how much of your backpack is filled with juice packets?"

"Only about half."

"Juice!"

                                                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------          

We boarded the boat on time, luckily. 

There were more people than I realized with these huge weapons and angry looks on their faces.

They don't scare me though.

If they can't even make it through a small storm, then what's there to be afraid of?

"Kurapika, how many stops till we reach our destination?"

"Only one, on Whale Island."

Whale Island! We're gonna meet Gon!

" 'Kay. I'm going to go below deck and read. Can you come and get me when we get to Whale Island?"

"Yeah. If anybody bothers you and I'm not there, beat them."

I giggled a little bit before responding.

"I will!"

I headed below deck to relax on a hammock and read my book.

"Hey girly! What a ya doing here 'n 'is boat? Only men takin' the Hunter Exam should be 'ere!" a cocky passenger with a large sword strapped to his back yelled.

"Well, all the clues point to the fact that I'm here to take the Hunter Exam. Duh." I deadpanned.

The man laughed at me, and took a few steps closer.