Chapter 12

*Killua's P.O.V*

Juice slowly walked over, and looked me directly in the eye.

"Well Killua, I could always eat it myself, but it'd just be plain ol' rude to eat it in front of your eyes. So you're right, you'd still get your katsudon." she sat down the bowl of food she was carrying as she spoke.

I smirked, believing I was victorious, but then I heard something that sounded like a sick goose laughing. I turned my head and saw a red-faced Kurapika leaning on Gon, trying to stay upright. He was letting out the driest laugh I've ever heard, like he was trying not to but failed.

Juice moved closer and turned my head with her hand. She was completely up in my face, looking me directly in the eye. I heard muffled laughter from some of the other applicants, as if they were trying not to spoil a surprise.

"THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT I'M GONNA SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT, YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BRAT!!!" 

She let go roughly, nearly pushing me to the ground, and turned around, picking up the bowl she sat down with a frightened-looking Leorio, and confused Gon, and a Kurapika dying of laughter in tow behind her.

"So of course, if you believe that you don't need to help me, then-"

"NO! It's OK! I can help!" I blurted out, rushing forward to grab a corner of the bowl.

I saw Juice smirk, but once she saw that I was looking her, her expression changed to a thankful one.

"Really? You know you don't have to."

"No! It's perfectly fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"OK! Thank you Killua!" she beamed.

Everyone except Menchi, Kurapika, and Juice herself sweatdropped, having heard our entire conversation.

Gon, Kurapika, Leorio and I followed behind Juice, carrying the large bowl of katsudon.

"Set it in front of Buhara." she said and pointed to the spot on the empty table in front of Buhara.

We all gently placed the bowl down, making sure not to spill anything. Buhara looked delighted with his huge portion and started devouring it before we could even finish putting the dish down.

"Aren't you a little boss?" Menchi asked Juice, smirking. They fist-bumped and Juice dismissed us. 

"You guys can each go get a bowl if you'd like." Once Juice was done with her sentence, Kurapika ran. And I mean ran. He bolted down those stairs like there were a million dollars at the bottom. Juice's cooking must be good, but in all honesty, I don't think it'll be enough to satisfy Menchi. Just as I was about to turn and go down the stairs myself, Juice spoke to me.

"Killua, can you tell Kurapika that he has to share with me? I don't wanna yell and I don't wanna have no lunch." I nodded at her, and a smile broke out on her face. "Thank you!"

I speed walked back to where the guys were standing and grabbed my own bowl. Kurapika was eating his katsudon with such happiness I almost didn't want to stop him.

"Kurapika, Juice says she doesn't want to starve so you better save her some." Kurapika's face paled, probably regretting eating so much, so fast.

"O-oh. OK." he said and started eating slower. I picked up a pair of chopsticks and picked up a little bit of everything, placing the pile in my mouth.

"Holy sh-" Kurapika covered my mouth, cutting off my sentence. He looked at me, waiting. I swallowed and removed his hand from my mouth. "I understand why you ran."