Carson burst out laughing at my reaction. "Don't pretend, Kitten. I know you want to."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever makes you sleep better at nights." I replied, then open the bathroom door. "Good night, monkey brains."

He smiled. "Good night, Kitten."

******

On Monday, I got a ride to school from Carson. As soon as I got to school, my friends were outside in the school yard. They lifted their eyebrows curiously at me when I stepped from Carson's car. I knew I had some explaining to do.

When I walked over to them, the bell rang for homeroom. At least they won't have to grill me now. After homeroom, we went our separate ways to our classes.

The day went by and now it was lunch time. I collected my lunch and my friends and I sat at our usual table to eat. During lunch, Jasmine, Lucas and Kevin kept looking at me alternatively. Finally, Jasmine rest her hand on the table and looked at me. "Okay, spill."

"Spill what?" I asked, acting like I don't know what she is talking about.

"Carson drove you to school this morning and I know that Carson doesn't live anywhere near where you live." Jasmine said, her gaze never leaving mine.

I put down the fries that I was eating and looked up at my friends. I couldn't lie to them anymore. I couldn't go on feeling guilty. They were my friends and has found a way to become my family. They were all I have. "I'm staying at Carson's for a while." I said quietly.

"What!" They all shouted at once.

"Shhh," I said, calming them down. "Keep your voices down."

"What do you mean by your staying with Carson?" Lucas asked, quietly this time.

I took a deep breath and looked down at the table. It was confession time. There was no harm in telling them, because I know they wouldn't judge me. They would also keep it to themselves. If I told Carson, I know I could tell them too. "Guys, please don't hate me when I tell you this. I just couldn't tell you before." Even though I tried to stop it, I felt my eyes filling with tears.

"Kayla, what's wrong?" Kevin asked, his eyebrows was creased with worry.

"My stepfather, he...he abuses me." I said in a whisper. I said it so low, it wasn't possible for them to hear me. However, by the looks that were on their faces, I knew that they did.

"What? Kayla, are you serious?" Jasmine exclaimed.

I nodded my head in confirmation. "Yes. Ever since my mom died, he started to hit me."

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Kevin asked.

"I was afraid. I just thought that it would be best if I didn't say anything. He threatened me not to tell anyone." I explained. "You don't know him. He can be real mean. Most days, I was afraid to go home, because I didn't want to run into him. Every chance he got, he would hit me. That is why I never want you guys to come over and why I didn't leave the house much. I was afraid of him seeing me."

"Kayla, he can't get away with this." Lucas said, his voice filled with anger. "He should rot in hell for what he did to you."

"Yeah Kayla, he's a monster." Jasmine agreed. I remained silent, so she added. "What does Carson have to do with this anyway?"

"He found out about what my stepfather was doing to me and he suggested that I stay with him." I explained.

"That's a good thing, because I don't think you should go back there either." Lucas stated firmly.

"Yes." Kevin agreed. He then looked at me and sighed. "Kayla, I really wished you had told us. He can't expect to mess with you and not expect us to do something about it. If he ever lays a hand on you again, he will have all of us to deal with."

Lucas and Jasmine nodded their head in agreement to what Kevin said and I smiled at them. "Thanks guys. I don't know what I would have done without you." I said and I meant it.

I was so glad that I have all these people who will have my back no matter what. I was lucky to have so many important people in my life. Jasmine, Lucas, Kevin and now Carson.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: Hola amigas!

Thank you so much for continuing this far with this story. I hope you liked this chapter.

Please vote, comment and share with your friends!

If you want to talk about anything, feel free to PM me anytime!

Kisses my little munchkins! 😘😘

Alecia