Chapter 40: some good news

Red (POV)

After a long time just staring at the stars and our run, Phoenix had finally let me see a more sensitive side. That night he slept on the sofa in my dorm room. To be honest I just felt tired off it all and I wanted to go back to being a leader.

I woke up to someone poking my head as I opened my eyes I saw it was Alistair. His eyes had bags under them but they looked better than he had.

"Why the poking?" I asked still hoping to get a couple more minutes of sleep. He stared me straight in the eyes and he had changed in some ways; Clearer skin, no glazed eyes, no twitching.

"I have something important to say and I think you'll find this a good thing," he explained and I nodded urging him to continue. "I rejected Jason, there wasn't any pain probably because I've been through enough pain but I'm happy."

To say I was shocked was an understatement but a tiny part of me was happy I'll still have someone when I leave. Horrid thought I know but I still didn't care.

"So what do you plan on doing?" I asked him praying for an answer I liked. Well he was my first friend and selfishly I wanted a beta who I trusted and they had no strings. Strings are annoying it means attachment. The less amount of strings the better.

Then the telltale alarm went off that day it was cool rider from grease 2. I took the bed sheet off me and made my way to the shower.

"You can follow and answer my question I hate not following my routine and even though I've been letting it slide I've had meltdowns by myself so ... continue talking while I do things," I said very seriously and as I got in the bathroom.

"I was thinking following you to England if you go with the werebears and check out the underground fighting scene there," he shouted from the other side of the door as I washed my body.

"That's good, I'm hoping to regain my power and while I'm in England I'm going to make deals and make friends ... so I'm going to need a beta at least," I shouted back and he must have been shocked because Alistair came into the bathroom. "Hey if you're in here turn around I still hate my body it's weak."

"Um, are you sure my lord?" He questioned as I was finally on to wash my hair. I quickly apply shampoo and think about my response leaving Alistair in anticipation.

"Do I stutter and drop the my lord only your sister ever called me that your my best friend, you might be a string but I'm willing to take that risk for only you," I replied as I applied the conditioner.

"That was easier than I thought it would be and all I wanted was to get out this place," he said and after a quick glance in his direction I could tell he was happy. "When do we make the beta thing official not trying to rush but you know how wolves are."

"It should be by the end of next week now please go wake up my mate he should be on the sofa and try and find or call Jax I have something important to tell him too," I said and Alistair left
the bathroom. The water was blistering hot and my skin was red. I had plans first find a way get out of this place, second get muscled up and fitter, three make this mate of mine understand a couple of things, four find a gamma as I've found a beta and delta, five ask Jax to be my delta. I felt a bit light headed as I got out the shower but that was down to heat. I dried myself and threw on some clothes it was Sunday I was being casual.

"YO! Hurry up your mate is being fucking weird and I still don't know how to cook real food," Alistair shouted I would have thought that Phoenix would have left. 'Maybe he was being serious last night' I thought trying to kick the thoughts away.

You know if you do that we might get even weaker Dawn piped up

Stop worrying I only want him to feel our pain who knows maybe he's a secret masochistic

My Red is all grown up knowing words like masochistic

Shut up

I left the bedroom and made my way to the kitchen. If you wanted breakfast you had to make it yourself but I wanted it to be quick cereal would suffice. Alistair sulked for a a second before I said he'd get pancakes for lunch. I paid no attention to the Phoenix laying on the sofa.

"Do you want someone, we'll be leaving straight after we finish,"  I said coolly I might be ok with the idea of him but I'm not about to forgive and forget. Old Red to me, new Red to everyone else.

------‐----------‐--------------------------–------------------

Hey peeps

I know short chapter not what you were expecting but I needed to get a handle on writing again. Can't believe I've been writing this for 3 years I'm sorry it's not finished yet but I'm working on it.

I'm currently on my last unit at college we're doing a cool performance and I'm directing and stage management so big job. Hopefully I've got my summer to write this and finally meet the third mate.

I want to go back to roots and start using recipes in the book and at the end of the two books make a full cook book. So if you have any recipes please send me them so I can try them out and give credit to you 😊

Again I'm sorry I'm really bad at plans but I want to finish this as I have another smaller book I want to write.

Thanks for reading
Vote,comment and share