chapter 34: Who are you?

Red (POV)

BANG.

Who was coming in. Did they want to hurt me. The over powering smell of hot chocolate and marshmallows was wafting over to me. I was still scared of what was to happen.

"P-please d-don't hurt me any further I'll be good, I P-promise," I stuttered afraid I might get hurt. I had lost all sense of time I could have been down there for days, week, months or even years. I knew I hadn't eaten much and that I was starving. My arms and legs were bound by silver handcuffs after Dawn and I had come up with a plan to escape. " I'll be g-good."

One of the many people came closer to me. He had light hazel eyes and shortish light brown hair. I didn't dislike him my body seemed to want to be in his company.

"Red?" He asked looking worriedly at me. Well I would be worried about me too if I happened to find me. " He's not right if Red were himself he'd have hugged me straight away."

I was confused by everything and everyone. Then a boy and two girls came towards me. The boy had extensive tattoos all up his neck and soft looking dark brown hair. The girl looked at me with sorrowful eyes. Her brown hair was slightly darker but they looked similar. The other girl looked close with them her hair was just longer than my own.

"Red what've they done to you?" She asked and all I could do was stare at her. She seemed to comfort me and i felt at ease in her presence as well as the boy's. "Look at what they've done to him Alistair."

Alistair looked at me with glassy eyes and as he came towards me I flinched backwards to avoid the touch. At that moment the held back tears rolled down his face and he suppressed a sob. He was then comforted by the second girl who had tears streaming down her face.

"Aren't you going to say something to your mate?" Alistair asked as he turned towards a tall boy with slick black hair. The boy looked angry it looked like he was angry with himself though and not me. There was something in my brain telling me to trust the guy and I also felt a strong bond with him.

"Dawn who are all these people?" I asked my wolf but like the last couple of times I tried to speak to him there was no response.

By the time I started to concentrate on the outside world again the boy was in front of me. He was scanning over my body and I was starting to feel a bit self conscious. Accidentally, the boy brushed passed the tips of my fingers and a slight rush of electricity went through my body.

"Look Red, it's Phoenix I'm your mate," Phoenix said to me hopeful I'd remember him. "My wolf said not to worry he's looking after Dawn, your wolf is strong he just needs some time."

Phoenix then moved closer to me and I tried to push myself further into the wall. He looked hurt and I tried to remember something about mates.

"I- I'm not rejecting you it's j-just I feel sick when anyone touches m-me,' I tried to explain. "By t-the wa-y who are all of you?"

One of the people went to comfort the first boy who spoke to me. He looked like he definitely worked out and I definitely picked up that he was dating the brown haired guy.

"So he has amnesia," the last but one guy said out loud. He was nearly as tall as my mate and he had curly chestnut hair.

"No shit sherlock, can you not point out the obvious," Alistair retorted back. There seemed to be a unresolved issue between them all I was hoping for was for nobody to shout.

"Ok guys I don't think this is the right time for this," the last guy said. This one looked familiar. He had an air about him that said he's been through hell and back. He also had a strange innocence to him even though his eyes looked cold and piercing. Wait, it was. Gah I could only remember the beginning of his name J. Jen. Jude. James. Joe. Jaden. Jarrett. Jax. That's it Jax.

"Jax," I said and the group assembled in front of me looked shocked. Some of my memories from my youth which were suppressed opened in my mind like pandora's box. I used to know Jax before my parents died and I always clung to him.

"How do you remember my name?" He asked cautiously. I don't know how I could have forgotten my best friend.

"I remember you, my parents and most importantly who I am," I said confidently. I was born to take control of the underworld and head the werewolves. When my parents died Dawn suppressed all my memories as they caused me to deal with traumatic situations too early and I needed to protect myself.

"Then you remember I'm a hybrid?" He asked and I nodded with a wince. He wasn't a normal hybrid however and it's why the Whitelock family have served my family for generations. He's is a werewolf but also a demon. There is a story to it but my memories are like fragments. "Sorry piccolo capo but we need to get outta here so Rose is going to pick lock the shackles."

Rose the second girl from the group put on some protective gloves and got to work trying to get me out of the silver shackles. I didn't know how I was going to get out of there. Then there was some static noise and a voice came out a speaker.

"I'm not trying to rush you but hurry up I've picked up a large group of lifeforms coming out way and if we don't move now I'm afraid we'll be completely over run," the voice said frantically just as Rose uncuffed my hands.

"Right thanks for the update Catherine but I'm pretty sure we didn't bloody need to be more stressed out than we are," said the guy who worked out.

"For God's sake Raphael I'm only doing my job so you don't all die sometimes none of you appreciate me," Catherine replied and then the static noise cut off. Raphael shook his head and went back to comforting the first boy. By this point I was completely free for the first time in ages and I felt like I was actually healing.I could hear Dawn howling in joy, it felt good knowing he was still alive.

"So I'm gonna carry you out of this place," Jax said as he looked me straight in the eye. There was a growl coming from Phoenix but Jax soon set him straight. " I'm the only one he knows at the moment so don't go trying to kill me I'm only trying to save him."

Jax then eased me to let him touch me. After the initial contact he then put one arm behind my back and the other under my legs.

"Please Jax just keep my brother safe," pleaded the light brown haired boy.

"I will Tyler, I will," replied Jax. My energy seemed to have escaped me and my eyes were so heavy that I blacked out.

Mysterious (POV)

That arrogant asshole, my father forced Dawn to suppress Reds memories. Just like the last time I tried to help. Luckily Dawn isn't bound to my father so it may only take a couple of days but Red will finally have all his memories. It's bittersweet. My father is just doing this because he can't have fucking favourites.

My job now was to make sure the underworld was calm enough for Red to lead with security. I can't wait for both Phoenix and Red to meet me. It mades me excited just thinking about it.

God my family are all sexual deviants.

------------------------------------------------------------

I've finally finished this chapter. I hope it all makes sense and some plot holes are some what explained. I felt happy while writing this chapter.

Sorry it took so long but at least it's written now. Please comment what you thought about this chapter.

Thank you for reading the book and please continue to support.

My odd question: what do you feel about valentine's day?

This year is special I have someone to spend it with which is a first for me ☺.

Vote, comment and share
^_^