"Yes sorry, I was just showing Nina some of my new records." He lied and his mum looked past him, at me, who was sitting on the bed.

"Uhmm alright, well your uncle just got back with the cake, come grab some before it's all gone." She said and then stood there for a moment just staring at us. Then she left, leaving me and John to just look at each other.

"A round on me!" Freddie said as we sat down at our table. "Whatever you want darlings! In honor of our sweet Deaky!"

Everyone rushed to Freddie to tell him what they wanted, including myself, then I sat back down next John who was in conversation with Mary about his graduation.

"You really missed quite an event," I said pushing my chair closer to John's. She sighed.

"I really wanted to be there."

"You didn't miss much don't worry," John said rubbing his neck. "You'll get to see Nina's graduation. It's the same thing." He chuckled as Freddie sat down the drinks.

"Oh, John don't be like that," I said grabbing my drink. I took a sip and turned to face him."It was a great day and Mary did miss something."

He looked at me and our hands entwined under the table.

"John!" Maggie shouted from the other side of Mary, fighting to be heard over the music. "You never told me you had such attractive friends! Why didn't you tell me about Nigel sooner?!"

"I don't know, he didn't really relate to you?"  He said which caused me to snort.

"Well, he's hot," Maggie said before taking a drink from her glass. "Like smoking hot."

"Well thank you for informing me that my best mate is hot. Valuable information is being given here on this night." John said which caused everyone to laugh.

Freddie had gotten up and gone over to me, dancing to the music in the process.

"Come on darling let's dance!"

"Alrighty, Fred," I said taking his hand out onto the dance floor.

We danced our hearts out.  He spun me around the floor. Freddie was wearing a nice black jacket with a bright blue shirt underneath, black pants and black platform shoes. He had changed from earlier today which I had not.

"I saw you and Deaks disappear earlier." He smirked.

"Did everyone notice?"

"Not really. Some people wondered where you both had wandered off to but that was about it. But what did happen?" He questioned as he spun me around.

"Nothing much."

"Nina."

"So we made out a little. What's the big deal? Please don't tell anyone."

"Nina I already told you I'm not gonna tell anyone. It's not my place. But I'm happy for you."

"Thank you," I responded smiling. Freddie's gaze went to our table. I followed his gaze and it was on John.