But he knew the truth, Hye Jin was scared of what happened to her, and if it'll ever happen again.

•••

Hye Jin stretched her sore hamstrings, reaching to touch her toes. She had to feel better for work in the evening. Hye Jin couldn't let this small distraction hinder her from her career.

She told not a soul what truly happened. It was secretly shared by her and the perpetrator.

The doorbell rang, interrupting her stretch. She slowly raised herself before limping to the door.

"Hey."

Hye Jin frowned before leaning against the doorframe with her hip. "Hi."

Jimin held a bouquet of peach roses, a soft smile plastered on his face. "How are you feeling?"

Hye Jin inhaled deeply, signaling Jimin to enter. "Who told you?"

Jimin set the bouquet on her marble kitchen island. "Jeongguk,"

I swear he just can't keep his trap shut.

Jimin began to remove his coat. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"Yeah, me too." Hye Jin bit her lip, staring at the floor. It was weird. For some strange reason, she couldn't face Jimin.

Jimin sighed heavily. There was an awkward silence filled with tension as Jimin worked up something to say.

Things haven't always been like this. Before they dated, Jimin and Hye Jin were good friends, able to tell each other everything. Jimin always liked Hye Jin, but after the mysterious death of her fiance, Hye Jin was like a stone. The dark-haired man thought that dating her would spark her own happiness but it was just a mask of his true selfish intentions.

"Thanks for the roses," Hye Jin gestures towards them with her hands. Jimin nods as Hye Jin pushes him out the door.

"I'll see you at work?"

Jimin stiffens his body, glancing down at the smaller woman, "No, you need to stay here." Wasn't this experience traumatic for her?

Hye Jin flinches at the infliction in his raw voice. "You can't tell me what to do..." She mumbles pathetically.

Hye Jin was losing her sense of self. She was unbridled with no guidance, and work was the only thing that was consistent in her meander life.

"I guess you're right," Jimin whispers, unkempt rage causing his mouth to spew venom. "That's why you were stupid enough to go to that club by yourself, huh?"

Hye Jin's heart plummets as her face turns white. "Excuse me?"

"Look at yourself!" Jimin scoffs as he eyes her terrified body up and down.

Hye Jin has never seen the man act like this.

"You were begging for it," Jimin inches towards her as Hye Jin backs away, tears in her eyes.

"No, he said it wasn't my fault."

"Who, that fool Jeongguk?" He spits, "He practically thinks the same."

Hye Jin bows her head, tear rushing from her ducts. No Jeongguk wouldn't-

"Or that loser from the cafe?" Jimin brushes the hair from her face as he places his hateful lips on her red ear. "Or is it your dead fiance, that makes you crave another's touch?"

Hye Jin snaps her head up, eyes burning with fury. "And you wonder why we broke up! You abusive, manipulative piece of-"

Jeongguk walks through the door, noticing the close figures almost pressed together. The body language was disturbingly different, full of wrath and hate instead of flirtatious behavior. The air tensed up.

"What the- what do you think you're doing to my sister!?"

Jimin snaps out of whatever trance he was involved in. Pulling his face away from Hye Jin, he smiles sweetly between the siblings.

"Just reminding Hye Jin that she can't do whatever she wants."

Jeongguk is triggered by double meaning sentences. "I think it's best if you leave."

Jimin raises his arms in defense, before backing away, leaving the house and slamming the door shut.

"Hye Jin-"

"Tell me he's lying!" Hye Jin explodes, tears gushing like a geyser. "Tell me you don't think what happened to me was my fault."

Jeongguk eyes widen as he raises his eyebrows. "Never!" He crosses his heart with his index. "I promise you I would never think of you like that."

Hye Jin sniffles, smiling sadly, "Thanks," she wipes her tears with an open palm before, rushing out of the house. "I'm going head over to Hana's place..."

Jeongguk grabs his keys, "I'll drive you-"

"No, it's fine. I gotta get some fresh air by myself."

Jeongguk frowns before Hye Jin leaves the house, and Jeongguk behind.

The muscular male, kicks his shoe at nothing, frustrated about how life's been winding up lately. It was like a Jack-in-the-box. Constantly using your strength to fight before getting shocked by something completely different each time.

Picking up his cell, he dials an all too familiar number. "Hey, Jennie?"

He needed to destroy these feelings of uselessness. He wanted to be wrecked. He wanted to feel love. Jeongguk wanted to be used.

"Are you free tonight?"

Why did I do this to myself😭😭😭
Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Take care xoxo