41 p 2

I stood behind the wooden door, my hands trembling, Austin and Jason had decided to sit and wait in the plastic chairs off to the side.

My father was sitting on the other side of this door. I hadn't seen him sense I had left that day, I had looked him in the eyes and even through it all decided to abandon him.

Just do it, Open the door, you will have to face him eventually my brain screamed at me, but somehow I couldn't bring myself to do it, I couldn't put my jelly like hands on the door, I didn't deserve a father so wonderful as him.

"I I can't," I mumbled under my breath, glancing back at Austin who sat in the Black plastic chair nearest to me, the police station smelled musty and old, it was a smell I never would want to get used to.

"You know you need to, he needs you too also, don't think about it and just do it." I turned back, and before my mind could stop me, I swung the door handle, the door falling open.

Complete silence.

He sat there, his hair messy and eyes swollen, he looked nothing like my father, from his pale face to the foreign clothes, but I knew it was him, because of that smile, the smile that brought me back to all those memories.

The memories when everything was all right in the world, the memories when I knew my family was Whole

Now it was just me.

"I didn't think you would come," was the first string of words that fell out of his mouth, he sat there completely slumped and defeated behind a folding table.

I just stood there, dumbstruck in the doorway unable to move as though my body had become completely cripple. I opened my mouth, but no words came, because there were no words that could express what I was feeling at that moment.

Words were just a string of syllables until someone puts the meaning to them.

"I'm I'm sorry, Brianna, for everything, I just didn't want to loose you again, I've been lost since you left."

I jerked my eyes down to my feet, I could not look him in the eyes, I wasn't worthy of anyone, guilt and shame twisted their way into my stomach, my fingernails squeezing into my skin.

"I, I I'm not mad at you," I stuttered ot, attempting to breath, I couldn't think, I was no longer myself, but a broken girl, a girl who can't ever make anything right.

"You know I always loved you," the stranger whom I had called my father admitted his face falling into his hands, I stood there, my left hand mindlessly falling back onto the doorhandle.

"I I love you too," my voice shook, as the first tear rolled down my face, I bit back the rest, chewing so hard in my bottom lip when I lifted it I tasted blood, but I didn't care, I couldn't, every muscle in my body and heart was numb, to everything.

"Can we start over?" I jerked my head up to see my father, he was once again staring at me, I jerked my eyes around, not thinking as one word fell out of my mouth.

"Maybe,"

I then bolted out of the room, unable to breath, as I battled past the others, it is so crazy how one person can cause you to feel so much emotion, can bring it all out when you have buried it so deep in your heart.

We couldn't start over, because I had ruined his life, I had destroyed Austins and Jasons before as well, and I wouldn't do it again. I needed to leave.

Digging in my pocket, I fished out my Debit card and phone, that was all I needed. I didn't want anything else because it all held the past in it.

This would be the end of Brianna.

Country romance now completed जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें