Chapter 26

Rain pounded against the cabin, I had barely spoken, dragging my bags down the stairs. I left a few things in the room, I hoped that Austin would find them and come after me, if he really cared he would do anything to have me in his life wouldn't he?

I knew I was being selfish, I knew I had done something that I could never forgive myself for, how could I ever expect him to forgive me for it.

I wish I had never gone into the car, I wished I had never fallen into the trap of the people I had trusted with everything.

" your father is waiting outside for you he wants to say goodbye," my mother mumbled, making her way out the front door as she pointed to the back. I nodded, giving her one last glance before I slid the glass aside, rain sliding down in sheets.

" don't sit out here dad, you will get sick," I barely was able to mumble those words, before a lump formed in my throat, my eyes burning with the need to cry. He shook his head not saying a word, still staring ahead.

"I don't want to leave, I really don't," I started, tears now sliding down my face. My dad reached out, grabbing my hand, he still didn't look at me, his hair soaked. Did he really not want me to go? "I love you dad, I'm so so sorry, for everything, I wish I could have been a better daughter, I wish I could have changed everything and that none of this would have ever happened. I love you more than anything else in the world." I buried my face in his shirt, not caring that he was drenched, he wrapped his arms around me, I hadn't realized that he had been crying too, that was why he didn't want to gaze at me.

He was just as broken as I was, we needed each other to make us feel complete.

" your mother loves you, and she needs you," my father lifted me back up, gazing into my eyes, "Austin will be okay, I know you two tried to hide it from me, but it's no secret you two cared for each other. Maybe another time, or maybe in another lifetime. He just needs some time."

" do you think he will ever forgive me," I knew it was selfish to be talking about him when I was saying goodbye to my father. Dad nodded, wrapping his arms around me once again, a ghost of a smile came over my features, that sons of butterflies dancing around in my stomach once again.

" let me go see if I can find him I know how much he denies that he wants to say goodbye." I nodded at my father's words, rising up from the steps to walk back into the house. I was silent, it was a simple place, but with it came so many harbored emotions.

This was the couch I had been sitting on, the very first time I had gazed into those eyes, these are the stairs I had ran down so many times. How could I just leave it like this?

I shut off the living room light taking one last heartbreaking glance before I turned,  stoping out the front door. My mothers slick silver rental car sat in the driveway, rain sliding down the windows.

I couldn't leave yet, I hadn't said goodbye to Jason or Austin. I needed to store sometime maybe I could figure a way to stay.

I had to.

I came to this place once before

And now I'm leaving it once more

I've seen these trees so many times

My heart has committed so many crimes

I would wait here forever to see your face

When I think of you I will think of this place

I will give this place a heartbreaking glance

And with it I will remember my country romance