Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TVD OR TO CHARACTERS.

Author's Note: So, here is the thing. Kol is still alive, Elena is a vampire, Elena didn't turn off her emotions and wasn't sired to Damon, Haley is still pregnant, Elena broke things off with Salvatores, and The Mikaelsons are in New Orleans. So that is pretty much it so far. If anything else is new, I will let you know so that the story is not confused.

P.S. Oh, by the way, I will still be keeping up with The Twilight Diaries series. I will not abandon it. I'm currently typing a new chapter for that. Also, this story is set two and half months after the Gazebo event between Elena and Elijah, to the story.

ELENA'S POV

I timidly paced my bedroom as I listened to the pitter patter of a heartbeat, reminding me constantly what was there. "This is impossible!" I murmured to myself. I walked up to my full-length mirror and stared at myself. Amazement, yet fear filled me. I tried to call him at least five times already, and he hasn't called me back.

Figuring I would go stir-crazy, I decided to take a walk. I walked down the stairs in my home, or more like a house since Jeremy died. I picked the key off the hook and left. I strode around Mystic Falls, contemplating what to do. I came upon a park and saw that it was empty. I strolled over to the swings and took a seat.

I looked up at the stars, and my mind escaped to the moment I felt his stronger hands grip my body and bring it closer to his. The sound of ripping fabric echoed in my ears. Loud moans and grunts sparing no one's ears within the distance. It was a completely blissful moment that allowed me to escape reality.

I remembered the next day after that.

Flashback

We quietly put our clothes on when reality came back into play. We awkwardly tried to avoid each other gazes, but finally, I had enough. "I don't regret what we did. It is something I thought about plenty of times about. No regrets from me." I said. I waltzed over to him and grabbed his hands.

His rough but smooth hands cradled my face. "I glad you feel this way, sweet Elena. I can not say I haven't thought about it either. As much as we enjoyed ourselves..."

I cut him off. "We can't be together. I know, Elijah, but it will not stop me from relishing in the what-ifs. After we leave through that door, we become Elijah and Elena again. Two individuals at odds." I grabbed my jacket, slid my arms in, and returned to Elijah. "For now, it is best that we go our separate ways. We have endless time to meet again." I leaned up and grasped Elijah into a soft, gentle kiss.

The kiss was just as passionate as the one at the Gazebo. We broke and rested our heads together until Elijah whispered, "Until next time, sweet Elena."

In return, I whispered, "Until next time, noble Elijah." We moved away from each other until our fingertips were barely touching. One last look, I grabbed my handbag and left the room, not looking back.

Flashback ends

I get pulled out of my thoughts by someone calling my name. "ELENA!" Bonnie yelled.

I looked up to see my friend running across the playground to me. "What are you doing out so late, Bonnie?" I said.

She took the swing next to me and turned to me. "I can say the same thing about you! To answer your question, I couldn't sleep. I was headed to your house when you sat here while driving by. So, what is your problem?" She asked.

I contemplated as to tell her everything, so I gave in. "Okay, I have to tell you something that no one knows. Not even Caroline." I said.

She snorted. "What? Did you sleep with Klaus?" She laughed to herself. She saw I wasn't laughing along, her expression going grave. "Elena, please tell me you didn't sleep with Klaus." She asked.

I started to make gag noises. "No! How could you even ask that?!" She just shrugged. I just let out a sigh. "I mean, you weren't off, but Klaus isn't the Original I slept with," I said.

Bonnie's mouth kept opening and closing, astonished at what I said. "I shouldn't be surprised, though." She replied.

My eyebrow quirked up. "What does that suppose to mean?" I questioned defensively.

She smiled. "I didn't mean it like that. You and Elijah just had this unexplainable bond that we can understand. It's weird to explain. Anyway, what else is wrong?" Something had to make you want to confess." She said.

I debated whether to tell her, but I had this rising feeling of rejection. The fact she didn't overreact about me sleeping with Elijah helped a bit. "Bonnie, it is best to take this conversation to your house. Can't be too careful." I said.

She looked concerned, but without another word, she got up, and I followed her to her car. We drove about ten minutes, just talking about general stuff. We pulled in front of her house, and we got out. She led the way up to the door, and I followed her. We removed our jackets and sat on the couch.

Bonnie pulled sage out, said a spell, and lit it on fire. "Now, we are in no eavesdrop zone, so talk freely." She said. I casually started to fiddle with my hands, unsure where to start.

"After Elijah and I had sex, I've been experiencing weird things," I said. I went silent and looked at Bonnie. Her face was scrunched up in confusion.

"'Weird things' like?" She said.

Silence settled again. The tension made me agitable. I stood up and started to pace. I knew if I said it out loud, I would acknowledge it was real.

Deciding she had enough, Bonnie jumped up and stopped Elena in her pacing. "Elena, just tell me what is wrong?" She said, frustrated.

I stared into Bonnie's eyes and said, "I'm pregnant."