Chapter twelve-The party and Hela

Start from the beginning

As anti-social and unpredictable as Hela is, she will always show up on Peter's birthday to wishes Peter well. But Peter knows Hela will not just show up because she is not in the best term with a lot of people. Therefore, Peter would always find a place quiet and wait for Hela to show up like he was doing today.

Hela says to Peter:" Happy birthday Peter."

"Thank you, auntie."

"And, what do you want for a birthday present this year."

Peter's expression froze because of that question.

"I ...I don't know." Peter is just glad to see his aunt.

"Take a moment to think about it."

Peter does so, though his head is feeling a bit hazy right now for some reason.

"It could be anything, tell auntie the one thing you want."

"I guess, be able to fly would be nice."

"No problem," Hela says.

Peter snap out of the haze suddenly, he realizes what he says, he immediately panics, "No aunt Hela, that's not wanted I mean, I take it back, I"

Hela interrupts Peter by putting her index finger on his lip. Peter tries to explain himself more, then he sees the smirk on Hela's face. Peter immediately realizes something. Peter waits for Hela to let her finger go, the asks," Auntie Hela, did you, did you use charm speak on me."

Hela does not even have to say much, her expression says it all.

Peter tries to say something back, but he hears someone walking toward them. He turns to see who is it, Hela turns with him.

It is Frigga.

"Grandma!" Peter greeting her.

Frigga walks closer to the two of them, "Hela," she says, "what a surprise to see you here." She does not seem to be surprised at all. Both Peter and Hela know that Frigga probably knows the fact that the two of them are here the whole time.

Hela nods to Frigga," Mother," she says," It is nice to see you."

"Well, it is nice to see you too dear."

Frigga then turns to Peter, "Peter, your fathers, and uncle are looking for you, please come with me."

Peter blinks, he turns to look at Hela, she is giving him an expression that suggests him to go.

"No problem grandma, bye aunt Hela."

"Bye Peter."

As Peter is following Frigga, she turns back to see that Hela is no longer there. Peter is currently praying to he knows who that Hela did not take what he said about flying seriously.

Peter follows Frigga back inside the banquet hall. He sees his dads, Tony, and Thor talking to each other in a circle.

Frigga is waling Peter right to them, then she leaves to let them talk.

Looking at his dads and uncle, Peter subconsciously asks, "I am I in trouble?"

"No honey, you are not in trouble," Loki says so lovingly.

'That's a relieve.' Peter thought to himself.

"Peter," Strange says to his son, "Look around, what do you notice about everyone here have in common."

Peter takes some time to do so and think, then he says:" Everyone here is super powerful and not someone anyone would want to mess around with."

Peter's answer surprises the four men. "You are not a wrong kid," Tony says, "but that's not what we were looking for."

Peter blinks, waiting for someone to give out the right answer.

"Young Peter," Thor says, "Have you notice you know every man and woman in his room."

"And the fact that these are everyone you know." Tony adds, emphasizes on "everyone".

Peter was going to protest, but then he realizes Tony is right, well, at less 90% right. Therefore, Peter decides to remain silent.

"You don't have any friend your age Peter." Tony says so in a concerned tone, "everyone here is either old enough to be your parent or your grandparent, and this is not good."

"Well technically I am twenty..." before he finishes the word twenty-eight, he notices the everyone beside Thor is giving him a "we went over this already "look, therefore Peter drops the argument, he says instead, " I mean, I don't feel like I need that."

Peter is not lying. When he was still living on Earth, he was not popular at all. He got bullied a lot for being a nerd and not able to play sport. He did not have any friends on Earth.

Although from time to time, Peter found himself wondering what would it be like to have a friend, he does not feel like he needs them. He has parents that love him, a god-father, uncle and aunts, and all the other people here celebrating his birthday because they love him.

"Now could define something you have not to experience yet." Says Tony, and Peter finds himself unable to argue with that.

Strange put his hand on Peter's shoulder, looking at his son in the eyes, "Peter," he says, "although you do not need it, we think it is time for you to go to school."

Author's note:

In Ultimate Spiderman, all Peter wanted since the first episode of season one is a jetpack, and he finally gets to use it in the last episode of season four.