@𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚊_𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

QUESTION 1. What is your name (or nickname/pen-name if preferred)?
— Camisha or Misha

QUESTION 2. What started you on the path to writing?
— Funny story (well to me). I think I was in the sixth grade and I used to spend nights at my cousin's house. Basically, one of my cousins used to write these short stories while I played and when she was done, I would read them. Let me tell y'all how she really was good at writing the story, till this day I remember it was about a man caught between two women.

QUESTION 3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer, and specifically in the genre of urban fiction?
— I first realized I wanted to be a writer in urban fiction after reading the "Coldest Winter Ever" by Sister Souljah which is like the foundation to getting to urban fiction. I also realized that I myself was a product of urban fiction, I seen everything I needed to see and was like "hmm I think I can a story on this."

QUESTION 4. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
— It was called "A Thorn on a Rose" and I think I was in the eighth grade and finished it mid freshman year of high school. I wrote it all in a notebook and also lost it. I wish I can write it again on Wattpad but I can't remember it for a damn thing lol. It really was popular with the girls in my class though.

QUESTION 5. Who are some of your favorite authors on and off Wattpad?
— Off Wattpad: K'wan ( I am in love with the Animal series, just patiently waiting on the fifth installment) Brittani Williams (Author of the Black Diamond series)
On Wattpad: First things first is BeYOUtifulLex lemme tell y'all sis is TALENTED. She deserves way more followers and reads. READ "No Loose Ends"! I have read the story twice, that's how good it is. I also have my UWC sisters which is all mentioned in my UWC reading list.

QUESTION 6. How long have you been writing?
— I've been writing since the six grade, I started off in poetry. People honestly wanted to buy my poetry for some odd reason then I started writing stores after, but I dabble a bit in poetry from time to time.

QUESTION 7. How do you think you've evolved creatively?
— I think school helped with evolution in writing and then after school from reading other stories and just going through personal things as an adult has made me a better writer. I would say that most of my stories seem realistic because of it.

QUESTION 8. What are the upsides and downsides to being an author?
— Upsides are that I'm bringing my imagination to life satisfying readers and keeping them entertained. I'm honestly doing what I love.

The downsides—Wattpad wise; readers are demanding and not in a nice way, I'm talking about deep in the messages asking everyday for an update as if authors don't have a personal life. Another downside is when readers try to direct the story and make it seem like they have a say—NEWSFLASH—I wrote it, but I can't lie it's also an upside cause readers really give me ideas to how a story goes.

QUESTION 9. What do you love most about the writing process?
— Back then, I used to write a whole chart on how I wanted my stories to go and everything down to the character. Now that i'm 25 and getting older, my writing style has became smoking a joint and letting my mind just come up with some fire details and ideas that I write down if I'm feeling it. I guess that's what makes it fun to me. I legit come up with the greatest things when I'm high, I'm not saying do drugs but if you already there try it.

QUESTION 10. Why do you write? What keeps you motivated during creative slumps?
— I write cause honestly it keeps me from going in a deep ass depression. I escape the world and make the story that nobody has read yet. What keeps me motivated during creative slumps are honestly the close friends that I have who tell me I need to write, and then weed. Weed helps a lot lol.

QUESTION 11. Do you outline books ahead of time or are you more of a by-the-seat-of-your-pants writer?
— I am the by-the-seat writer cause just like the readers, I'm figuring out stuff too lol, but sometimes when it comes to certain things, I do have to outline because I'm the type that really will go off the book because I'm trying to fit so much in one chapter or story.

QUESTION 12. How many books have you written?
— Wattpad: 20 (some are unpublished) and I have around six stories written in notebooks locked away in the garage. Maybe one day I'll publish it. It's hella' cringe though lol.

QUESTION 13. Out of all the books you've written, do you have a favorite?
— "Running The Streets" is honestly my favorite. Maybe because it's the current story I'm writing at the moment but it's my baby.

QUESTION 14. If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
— "Pusha Man's Girl"—it's my mature work, but if you wanna something old, it's between "The Book Of Syn" or "As Real As It Gets".

QUESTION 15. What do your fans mean to you?
— My fans are special to be honest. They help me out when I'm in some type of writer's block and most of them of the funniest people I ever came across. They are honestly the best that I have came across in the almost ten years that I have been on Wattpad.

QUESTION 16. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Write because you love it. Write because it's your passion. Don't settle for the same plot as others, write something that NO ONE has ever heard before.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Thank you so much for accepting to do this interview misha_writes please take the time to check out her works; the works speaks for itself—sensational, and she's a Miami native (Ayyeeee).