@𝚠𝚎𝚝𝚌𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

QUESTION 1. What is your name (or nickname/pen-name if preferred)?
wetcigarettes but I do answer to Charlie.

QUESTION 2. What started you on the path to writing?
— I was an only child with an overactive imagination, writing was my outlet.

QUESTION 3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer, and specifically in the genre of urban fiction?
— Well, I never thought to pursue writing professionally. I'm my biggest critic and I never think my writing is outstanding. I started writing urban because I became obsessed with the genre when I first joined Wattpad. But I wouldn't say that urban is all I write, I've sinced explored other genres of writing. But urban gave me my start and there will always be a fondness for there.

QUESTION 4. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
— I wrote my first book at 9. It was a short story only 10 pages. Pretty sure none of it made sense, just nine year old me rambling. I wrote my first Wattpad book at 16 maybe. It was a long time ago 😂.

QUESTION 5. Who are some of your favorite authors on and off Wattpad?
—I have so many honestly.
In terms of urban writers on Wattpad:
itsk3n intensedesire xowhore ashonthadon
Other non-urban authors on Wattpad:
whatsthe411 AuthorrUnknown Meganfall
adelinajaden
Authors off Wattpad: Brenda Jackson, Sarah Dessen, Ellen Hopkins, D.J Machale.

QUESTION 6. How long have you been writing?
— I've been seriously writing for about seven years.

QUESTION 7. How do you think you've evolved creatively?
— I think that every artist evolves sometimes without even knowing. My writing is real now. And I know that sounds strange but that's the best I can describe it. I feel that my writing portrays the raw truth, I'm no longer concerned about happy endings, I let my characters decide that for themselves. Life isn't clear cut and I don't want my stories to be either. I try to build complex characters that are relatable to many. I like to leave the reader guessing, I want you to draw your own conclusion of how things would end.

QUESTION 8. Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre? If you write more than one, how do you balance them?
— I mostly write poetry and erotica now. I'm the worse at balancing my writing. Sometimes I get so consume I completely forget the other. Thats why I tend to write on story at a time. That is, when I do write lol. I'm not writing much anything these days.

QUESTION 9. What are the upsides and downsides to being an author?
— The upside is definitely the readers. Having people that like your work so much is a funny feeling, but motivating.
The downside is definitely the pressure that comes with producing good material or having to so many ideas but not enough time to explore them.

QUESTION 10. What do you love most about the writing process?
— I like interpreting my musings. Sometimes I write things and honestly, I'm not sure what it means but it sounds fake deep and thats usually good enough for Wattpad. (JK lol)

QUESTION 11. Why do you write? What keeps you motivated during creative slumps?
— I write when I'm stressed or when I'm inspired by something I've seen or watched.

Idk about motivation, I still haven't figured that out yet, because I take like six months hiatus at a time haha.

QUESTION 12. Do you outline books ahead of time or are you more of a by-the-seat-of-your-pants writer?
— Yes! I am so anal. I'm meticulous about the way my story should develop for the most part. I usually outline possible scenes I want to portray and work my story around that. I feel like stories need some type of structure, else your story line will be all over the place.

QUESTION 13. How many books have you written?
—On Wattpad, I've written four books. One that I keep taking down because I'm lowkey salty that I can't finish it. In my lifetime, I've probably written about ten.

QUESTION 14. Out of all the books you've written, do you have a favorite?
— I don't have favorites of my works; I'm an equal lover I think. All my books represent a part of me and I could never choose between them because they all mean something different to me.

QUESTION 15. If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
— Probably Pure Heroin.

QUESTION 16. What do your fans mean to you?
— I didn't know I had fans lol.

QUESTION 17. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
— Know who you are as an individual to know who you are as a writer/artist. When you're not grounded in your uniqueness then your writing will reflect a mashup of authors who you are mimicking and not YOU. This people, is why cliches exist.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Thank you so much for accepting to do this interview wetcigarettes these are probably the most relatable and straight up words I've read in a while. Please take the time to check out her works; her writing is exquisite.