@𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚗

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

QUESTION 1. What is your name (or nickname/pen-name if preferred)?
— Corinthian Ashon Mack or my pen-name, Ashon Thadon.

QUESTION 2. What started you on the path to writing?
— I used to talk about my life to my friends and everyone was like you need to write a book. So, I remember one night I was just sitting down and I wrote the first chapter of a book I got up now on Wattpad called "Untamed". After that, I got into the whole field of writing.

QUESTION 3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer, and specifically in the genre of urban fiction?
— I always loved writing and telling stories. I actually grew up really hustling like you read about in those books like "True to the Game" but not make believe. So when I started putting those same stories on paper, It gave me an outlet to express myself. I didn't know urban fiction was even a genre until I started posting my stories.

QUESTION 4. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
— My first book was "Untamed" and I was 16.

QUESTION 5. Who are some of your favorite authors on and off Wattpad?
UrbanQueen CrazyPens YasmineThaAuthoress

QUESTION 6. How long have you been writing?
— Been a minute. A long minute to me it seems.

QUESTION 7. How do you think you've evolved creatively?
— My stories have gotten more detailed and I'm able to branch out more in my ideas.

QUESTION 8. Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre? If you write more than one, how do you balance them?
—I like urban stories because it relates more to me, but I have written in other genres such as thrillers and horror.

QUESTION 9. What are the upsides and downsides to being an author?
Upsides: It's a great way to express yourself and create new ways to getting a message across.
Downside: Sometimes you get stuck on an idea that you can't seem to make come to the fruition, so it leaves you stuck and paralyzed staring at a blank page.

QUESTION 10. What do you love most about the writing process?
— The reaction I get from my readers when I post a new chapter. Their comments is why I love doing what I do.

QUESTION 11. Why do you write? What keeps you motivated during creative slumps?
— I write to keep me focused and to stay out of trouble Lol. The thing that keeps me motivated during those slumps is looking at people comments patiently waiting for that next chapter.

QUESTION 12. Do you outline books ahead of time or are you more of a by-the-seat-of-your-pants writer?
— Yes, I'm a fly-by-night writer; so basically whenever I get the urge, I just sit down and bust out a chapter.

QUESTION 13. How many books have you written?
— Like damn near twenty. I can't put all of them on Wattpad.

QUESTION 14. Out of all the books you've written, do you have a favorite?
— "Hood Don't Love You" is my favorite series and I loved writing it.

QUESTION 15. If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
— The "Hood Don't Love You" series.

QUESTION 16. What do your fans mean to you?
— A lot; they are the reason why I keep doing what I do.

QUESTION 17. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
— Just keep striving and if you have a real passion for writing, keep at it.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Thank you so much for accepting to do this interview ashonthadon the first male I've seen write Urban Fiction on Wattpad; mad respect. Please take the time to check out his works; his writing is real and completely entertaining.