@𝟺𝟶𝟶_𝚂𝚘𝙺𝚘𝚕𝚍

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

QUESTION 1. What is your name (or nickname/pen-name if preferred)?
— 400_SoKold is fine with me.

QUESTION 2. What started you on the path to writing?
— Well, I always loved to read. Especially books that had an interesting plot. However what started me on the path of writing, was when I had to write my first story in class. It was something different and I loved it. The way that the creativity flowed amazed me.

QUESTION 3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer, and specifically in the genre of urban fiction?
— It was about four years ago when I realized I wanted to write. I've changed my mind about what I wanted to do so many times. I never really had an idea because I found that I had many talents. I wanted to be a singer, a DJ or a rap artist. However, I always found my way back to writing. I began FanFiction writing when I signed up on Wattpad. I didn't know what urban writing was until I started here. I've been writing urban fiction since then. I try to expand my writing now though.

QUESTION 4. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
— The first book I wrote I believe I didn't put a name to it. I was in my feelings and I was young. I really can't remember.

QUESTION 5. Who are some of your favorite authors on and off Wattpad?
— Some of my favorite authors off Wattpad: Langston Hughes, L. Divine (the woman that wrote the Drama High series. That really use to be my shit. Lmfao.) The authors of The Bluford Series (it's so many.) and of course, Maya Angelou.
My favorite writers on Wattpad are withmyy DiaTheLit GenHope DLittleWriter I've also enjoyed books by fiftyslays CrownedByCurls ChiefSlapaHoe ; There's so many.

QUESTION 6. How long have you been writing?
— I've been writing for a while now, but writing books, I'd have to say four years.

QUESTION 7. How do you think you've evolved creatively?
— My writing evolved when I began expanding my vocabulary and making characters that I knew an audience and myself could relate too.

QUESTION 8. Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre? If you write more than one, how do you balance them?
— At first, I really didn't know what an urban genre was until I read other works on Wattpad. So I really didn't choose it until after reading. The way I wrote, some what seemed similar to their writing. That's when I realized that some of my books relate to that specific genre. I now write more that just urban. When it comes to balancing them out, I try to mix both genres into one. For example, I write the romance urban novels. You get a mix of some action and black love in one book. It's some what works out better for me that way.

QUESTION 9. What are the upsides and downsides to being an author?
— The upside of writing is that you can share your creativity with the world. Everyone has a unique way of writing and we all see things differently. The downsides of writing is the judgement that you give to yourself. You want to try something new, but you don't know how your audience will accept it or even read it. Another difficulty is trying be different from your past work, proof reading, not repeating yourself to make a point and trying to keep track of your plot. Also sequels are a downside too, because you want it be different from the first. Descriptions of characters and places are also a downside. You yourself know what the person or place looks like, but the readers have a hard time.

QUESTION 10. What do you love most about the writing process?
— I love that you get to do your own thing and try new writing techniques. I also like that you can write in different genres and that people can state their opinions.

QUESTION 11. Why do you write? What keeps you motivated during creative slumps?
— I write because I visualize this world that no one else sees. I like to escape my reality at times and write about the world I wish I knew. It's like I live through my characters in a sense. When I'm having a hard time writing, I usually try to think of unique situations or read other books to kind of give me an idea.

QUESTION 12. Do you outline books ahead of time or are you more of a by-the-seat-of-your-pants writer?
— Um, if a by-the-seat-of-your-pants writer is someone that thinks while writing, then that's me. As soon as I get an idea of what the chapter should be about, I begin writing.

QUESTION 13. How many books have you written?
— I've written at least thirty books.

QUESTION 14. Out of all the books you've written, do you have a favorite?
— I have a few favorites. "Savage Black" is one of favorites because it was the first book that I put my poetry skills too. I haven't seen anyone on here really tell a story or a scene through poetry so I tried it. I had fun writing it. My all time favorite books I wrote would have to be the BANDIT series. It was the first book that I grabbed an audience with, that didn't have a popular celebrity in it like I did when I first started. It was comedy, urban and a mystery type of book which was real fun to create. It's something I'm most proud of.

QUESTION 15. If someone is brand new to your work, what book do you think they should start with?
— I would recommend them to start with the BANDIT series or the Envious Series to my more recent works. It's when my writing improved.

QUESTION 16. What do your fans mean to you?
— Everything! I love reading the comments and listening to ideas. If it wasn't for the readers giving me a chance, writing would be nothing to me. What people don't know, is when you comment on the author's work, it motives us to keep writing. Writing these chapters day to day aren't easy. We do this because we want to share what we see that no one else sees. Our minds are all different and when your readers get where you are coming from, it's the best feeling. I thank them all for giving me a chance.

QUESTION 17. What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
— No matter what you're up against, let your work be known and own it. It's ok if you feel that your work isn't the best, or if someone tells you that you can't do it. Prove them wrong and challenge yourself. It doesn't matter if it's a short story, be proud of what you created. It's a part of you.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Thank you so much for accepting to do this interview 400_SoKold I can relate to so much. Please take the time to check out her works; her writing really grasps your attention; it's bomb.