@𝚁𝚎𝚎𝚆𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚜𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

QUESTION 1. What is your name (or nickname/pen-name if preferred)?
— My name is Desaree. I prefer to be called Rée. I also answer to San Rée, and "that lil short rapper girl."

QUESTION 2. What started you on the path to writing?
— I started writing one day when I was in the fourth grade, and I just never stopped. I've always been an avid reader, so writing came naturally to me.

QUESTION 3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer, and specifically in the genre of urban fiction?
— I've been writing since I was nine, but I didn't know that it was something I really wanted to do until I was thirteen. Up until then, it was a hobby. For the past six years, though, writing has been my life. About the genre... At as early as eleven years old, I was getting in trouble for writing urban fiction. I can't recall being interested in the genre before that. I was still trying to write children's books.

QUESTION 4. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
— That depends on how you define writing a book. Like I said, I started at nine. I couldn't complete a book until I was seventeen, though. There were a bunch of failed projects before, around, and after that time.

QUESTION 5. Who are some of your favorite authors on and off Wattpad?
— Definitely tovarx and UrbanQueen on Wattpad but off the app, it'll have to be Wahida Clark, K'Wan, Ashley Antoinette, and Barbara Park.

QUESTION 6. How long have you been writing?
— Ten whole years.

QUESTION 7. How do you think you've evolved creatively?
— My ideas have gotten much bigger. I write urban fiction, but that's hardly enough to describe my work. There's a lot going on in each book. And if you look back at my past works, you'll see that I was writing the standard drug dealer stories that aren't really about anything. Now, I can take any idea and turn it into something that urban fiction fans haven't seen before, whether it's by introducing a new type of character or a new scenario.

QUESTION 8. Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre? If you write more than one, how do you balance them?
— Urban fiction is where my heart is, but as my ideas get bigger, I'm not sure if that's the best term for it. After reading the works of authors like Wahida Clark and K'Wan, I knew that that was what I was supposed to be writing. I dabble in teen fiction a little, too. A little romance. Since I keep the urban element in every story, I don't have to work too hard to balance them. They're all urban in different forms.