Part 15: Natasha Goes Overboard

Author's note: I'm so sorry it took so long, you guys. Been really busy and when I had time, I got writer's block. Clarification: I'm writing this late at night, so... here we go again.

Natasha was way too excited by the fact that June had a crush. She managed not to jump up and down, but she sat on June's bed asking her questions about Reaghan, like what she looked like and what she liked. June acted as if she didn't like Natasha asking everything, but secretly, she enjoyed it a little bit.

The day before June's date, Wednesday, Ella came up to June and pulled her to a wall. "Okay, J, I have to warn you. Nat's gonna come to you later and ask if she can help you get ready for your date. I don't know if that's a good idea. She goes fucking overboard and you know it. But if you want to wear makeup or have your hair done... or a complete makeover, go ahead and say yes." June laughed.
"I know, Els. Nat has good intentions, but she does tend to do things double what they need to be. I might need her help, though... I've actually never been on a date. Shit, I'm nervous." Ella nodded.
"Good luck then. Dates can be gory. Literally sometimes."
June gave Ella a confused look.
"You know what, tell me about that AFTER my date. Agreed?"
"Right. You don't need to be more nervous."

About an hour later, Natasha approached June.
"So... June... You know how I like doing makeup and hair...?"
June rolled her eyes. "Yes, you can help me get ready for my date. Just no overdoing it. Remember, she likes me the way I am, right?"
Natasha nodded frantically.
"Yeah, but I can use hairspray, yes?" June sighed.
"Alright, fine, but you're helping me wash it out again." Natasha agreed.

It was two hours before the date, and Natasha pulled a curling iron out of a drawer as June stared at her nervously.
"You're not going overboard, right?" Natasha plugged in the curling iron.
"Right. Light makeup and a bit of hair-doing. Wait, you have an outfit picked out, right?" June pointed at her bed. Natasha walked over and picked up June's t-shirt and jeans.
"Uh, no. You can't wear a t-shirt and jeans to a date!" June rolled her eyes.
"But it's just a movie. Why would I need something more elaborate?"
Natasha sighed, like "poor girl, she doesn't know."
"You're supposed to look your best on a date, no matter what you're doing. If you were, say, going on a hike for your date, I'd say fine. But for the movies? At least wear a blouse or leggings. Or preferably both. You can borrow something of mine, you know."
"And wear pink? No thanks. I'm good. Just hair and makeup, remember?" Natasha gave June puppy-dog eyes. "Nope. No way."
June changed into her chosen outfit as Natasha put the makeup away after giving June mascara, eyeliner, and a bit of lip color. Natasha curled June's hair a bit, then pushed her to a full-length mirror inside Natasha's closet.
June stared at her reflection. Other than the clothes, she looked like an entirely different person. Her eyes looked bigger, her hair was longer than she remembered it being, and all silky. She was wearing Natasha's lowest heels, at Natasha's insistence. They were just kitten heels, but with June's bootcut jeans, they looked fancy.
"Really? Heels and eyeliner to a movie? I think that's a little—"
Natasha interrupted her. "If you say overboard, I swear on the River Styx I will stuff your mouth with marshmallows to shut you up. Now go grab your wallet and phone and have an amazing time on your date." Natasha pushed her out of the dorm, where Bella was just walking down the hall when she saw June all dressed up.
"Natasha did your makeup," she noticed.
"Hair too," June confirmed. "I've got a date."
"Good luck," Bella told her, and went into the dorm room. June rushed off to the movies for her date.

Bella was quiet, making it hard for Natasha to figure her out. She disappeared a lot, and with her phone still not fixed, she didn't answer messages a whole lot. Natasha felt that even after how long she had known her, she didn't truly get a good idea of what Bella was like. Natasha decided as Bella took out her homework to figure her out ASAP. Asking stupid questions would be a good first start.

Bella noticed Natasha studying her. "Um... hi?" she said.
Natasha answered, "Bells... I feel like I don't know anything about you. What's your favorite movie?"
Bella sighed and put her homework down. This was going to be a long conversation.

Ella headed back to the dorm after all of her classes, and ran into June on her way back, the latter smiling the biggest Ella had ever seen. "Hey, June. How was your date?" June laughed at a thought.
"I probably shouldn't tell you until we get back to Bells and Nat. They'll want to hear too, and I don't want to tell the story multiple times." June fiddled with a necklace she hadn't had before. "I feel so cliche right now, but... I actually want to talk about it." Ella was intrigued.
"Okay then!" They walked into the dorm room together, where Bella and Natasha were watching some Disney movie on Netflix.
"Oh! June!" Natasha exclaimed, noticing her. "How was your date?!" June sat on her own bed, and to the surprise of all of the others, giggled faintly.
"Really good, actually. Better than I thought it would be." Natasha ran to June's bed and lay down on her stomach, waving her sock-clad feet in the air, hands under her chin.
"Do I have to sing that song from 'Grease' or will you tell us more without music?" Natasha asked, smiling.
June rolled her eyes playfully. "I'll get to it! So we met at the fountain. She was in a t-shirt and jeans too, so I wasn't underdressed or anything. Then we walked to the campus movie theatre. We decided on that new movie, the one about the mysterious girl who appears out of nowhere. Reaghan got the tickets, so I bought the popcorn and drinks. Then she insisted that we share the popcorn, so it felt even more cliche. During the movie, we ended up holding hands and afterward, we walked out... and there may have been a moment..." June actually blushed. Natasha was watching her expression, and her face was turning pink, but June didn't continue.
"And...?" Natasha prompted. "Did you kiss???" Ella elbowed Natasha in the side.
"Nat! Give a girl some privacy!"
Bella smirked. "They totally kissed. June, stop blushing if I'm wrong." June turned slightly pinker, proving Bella's point. "See?"
Natasha put her hand on her smile, tryin very hard... but... a small squeal came out.
"That's so fucking cute," Ella admitted. "I've never seen you blush before, J." June put her head in her hands.
"Okay, stop, guys!" June got out. Natasha nodded and went back to her bed, but she texted the group chat a picture of an anime couple kissing. The couple very obviously looked like June and Reaghan.
June kicked Natasha playfully.
"Seriously, Nat. Quit it."
"Fine! Fine. But you know it's cute. Now..." Natasha got out of June's kicking range. "When's the second date?" Bella managed to poke Natasha's arm hard before Natasha ran out of the dorm room, yelling back, "I'm gonna go to Felix's dorm for a date! Don't be dirty-minded!" Ella gave the other two a look and they all burst out laughing.

Hope it wasn't too bad for now.

Loves to all

❤️, Nat