Chapter 8: Ella The Matchmaker

Ella was so excited that she rushed back to the dorm room and locked the door before Natasha got there. She had Bella and June sit on a bed while she told them what had happened. They were shocked, and when Ella said that she was going to help Felix get Natasha to go on a date with him, June smirked.
"I am totally helping. They're literally meant to be together." Bella nodded in agreement.
Ella pulled out a piece of paper.
"Okay. First of all, what has Nat told us about her dream date, dream man, her hopeless romance, everything?" Bella thought for a minute.
"She loves those cheesy dates, like giving a girl roses and going on a boat ride at twilight."
June added in, "And cheesy pickup lines usually work if the person continuously uses them."
Ella nodded and wrote those down.
"She loves reading and movies that are romantic comedies, but she hates horror stuff. And she has a soft spot for brownies, especially rainbow sprinkle-covered brownies."
Bella burst out with, "And she loves to be complimented on things. Especially her hair and outfits." Ella nodded enthusiastically.
"Oh! She's always wanted to have that... what's it called? Rolled ice cream?" June proposed. "What if he took her to that ice cream place next to the front gates of the college?"
Bella and Ella agreed that if Felix payed attention to these things about Natasha, she would definitely fall harder for him and want to date him.
The next day, Natasha walked into her English class, her nose buried in a copy of Jane Eyre. She looked up just in time to run into another person, then she rolled her eyes as Felix handed her a small box of chocolates. The box had a quote, "Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon." Felix smirked down at her.
"Heard you like chocolate with raspberry centers." Natasha rolled her eyes and, admittedly, considered accepting the chocolate. But she decided to keep her distance.
"No thank you. I don't want chocolate, I want my books. You need to learn how to ask for things instead of just taking them, especially when they are prized possessions." She handed him the chocolates back and walked to her seat. Felix sat next to her and put the chocolates into her bag while she was distracted with writing down the warmup.
"Look, Princess, can we start over? I know you're sensitive now, so I'll be nice." Natasha ignored him. Felix pushed her chin up gently with a long finger. "Come on, Princess. Don't give me the silent treatment."
After an hour of Natasha trying to pay attention to the lecture as Felix whispered to her, she couldn't help admitting that he was pretty funny. He knew just when to reference a book and what to say to make her have to try very hard not to giggle.
Class finished, and Natasha put her book in her backpack and walked out of the room, Felix bopping her on the head gently and saying, "See you tomorrow, Princess." She went back to the dorm room to put her bag down before lunch, and all three girls were waiting for her.
Ella looked up from a book with an innocent expression when Natasha came in and exhaled a heavy sigh.
"What's wrong, Nat?" Natasha rubbed her temples.
"I really don't know how he knew what I liked. How did he know that raspberry-filled is my favorite? And my favorite Harry Potter character is Neville? Wait." She looked over to Ella, June, and Bella with a bemused expression, all of them had identical innocent smiles on their faces. "Don't tell me you all told him something. Don't you even dare tell me you gave him a list of my likes and dislikes to set us up." Ella smiled at her.
"I don't know what you're talking about. Did Felix come and talk to you today?" Natasha shut her book with a loud snap.
"Did you give him a copy of my schedule?!" Bella nodded behind Ella and June's innocent expressions. "Ella! June! What the heck?! I told you I didn't want to talk to him!"
Ella came up to her slowly. "Okay, so maybe we gave him a copy of your schedule and maybe we wrote down that you liked chocolate, but that's it!" she lied. Bella and June exchanged glances where Natasha couldn't see and nodded.
"Look, Nat, we just think you should get your books back. You can't do that until you go on a date with him, so he may as well know what you like." Natasha rolled her eyes and picked up her purse.
"I'm going to the park to read. If you're ready to stop telling Felix things behind my back, come find me." She walked out of the dorm room, and when she was out, Ella immediately picked up her phone and texted their group chat with Felix.

Ella: Hey, lover boy, Nat's going to the park to read. You should bring her something.

Felix: Such as something I may have been making in the metalworking shop?

June: I bet she'll love that.

Bella: Just don't overdo the cheesy pickup lines, k?

Felix: You people are crazy. Thank you so much, she's amazingly beautiful and her personality is even better.

Ella: Just remember, if you hurt her AT ALL, we'll kick you in your soft spot and make you sing soprano for a week.

June: And then we'll teach Nat's little brother how to hide a body.

Felix: I get it, don't worry, I won't hurt her. I care about her too much for that.

Ella nodded. "He better treat her good or he'll be fucked forever."

Loves to all
❤️, Nat