Chapter 4: The Classes

Ella wrote down notes quickly, trying to ignore her phone as it lit up repeatedly. She finished the notes on the board, and the teacher signaled a break. She dove for her phone and saw there were countless notifications for Amino. She opened the app and read through them.

Casper: Luckily, my classes don't start until tomorrow, so I can talk. How's everyone doing so far?

Skylar: I don't have class until tonight. My roommates are out, but I think one of them went down to the Redwoods.

Casper: Hey, that's where I am! There's this dock down there with free WiFi. I don't see anyone else, but maybe your roommate is here too.

Skylar: I can describe her for you.

Casper: Nah I'm too lazy to look for her

Skylar: Okay. I'm gonna go back to my book then.

Shawn: I have a break in my class. Hey, June.

Casper: Hi

Shawn: Rp?

Casper: Yeah, sure.

Ella went back to her class and continued taking notes.

Natasha picked up The Lightning Thief. "I haven't read this in years," she thought out loud. Then she opened it to the first page.

June headed back from the Redwood forest with free WiFi and burst into the dorm room, where she saw Nat on the bed reading. "Whatcha reading?" she asked Nat.

Natasha was so into the book that she didn't hear June.

June tapped the book. "The Lightning Thief? Isn't that book a little mythical for you?"

Natasha jumped. "Oh! Hi. What did you say?" June rolled her eyes.

"I asked if that book was a bit mythical for you. It's about Greek mythology, and you seem like the kind of person who would like Aphrodite the best or something." Natasha pulled her hair back with a pink scrunchie, tucked a bookmark into her book, put it down, and stood up.

"For one, I love Greek mythology. Two, Aphrodite is amazing, so don't you dare diss her. Three, what the Hades. You don't know a thing about me, so don't just assume that I'm an Aphrodite kid because I'm pretty or I like pink. Four, I've read this series more times than I can count. I'm even on an app for it, and some of my best friends are online. So there is no chance in Tartarus I'll let you assume things about me, you dam cupcake. You are a mortal, a Muggle, and I don't need to defend myself. Good day." And after that speech, Natasha pulled a big box of Cheese-its from under her bed, plopped back down on the bed, and continued reading.

June stared at her for a minute. Then she clapped. Slowly at first, then she burst into applause. "You know, you remind me even more of that person. She has the same name as you, ya know."

Natasha didn't even bother to look up. "I forgot your name, cupcake. Sorry, but it's something like Juana, right?"

June smiled. "June. Close, though." Natasha nodded and ate a Cheese-it.
"Can I have one?" June asked, sitting on Natasha's bed.

Natasha closed her book and sat up. "You remind me of someone too— oh my gods. No way." Natasha looked at June in the face. "Pull your hair away from your face."

June did as she was told, slowly. Then Natasha facepalmed. "What?" June inquired. "Wait. Put your hair out of the scrunchie and pull a bit over your shoulder."

Natasha looked up and pulled the scrunchie out, flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Do I look more like Skylar this way?" Natasha teased. June put her head in her hands, laughing.
"Hey, Nat. I can't believe I didn't realize it was you."

"You know, with our luck, our other roommate is Bella." June looked up suddenly.

"I think it is."

An hour later, Ella walked into the dorm room, calling out, "Where's my gay?" June jumped up and hugged her. Then Natasha smirked.

Natasha stuck her tongue out at Ella, and while Ella was shocked that a near stranger would dare do that, Natasha said slyly, "And where's my Pansexual?" Ella's mouth dropped open.

"NATASHA?!" Natasha gave her a peace sign and ran up to give her a hug.

Bella walked down the hall when she heard one of her roommates scream Natasha's name. She rushed in to see a three-way hug, Natasha's eyes filled with happy tears.

Natasha saw Bella run in, and she yelled, "AND WHERE'S MY OTHER GAY?!" Bella stared at her for a moment before realizing.

"You all have been my roommates this entire time?!" she asked disbelievingly. Then she joined the hug.

Natasha let go first. "Honestly, we were so dense. We should've recognized each other's personalities right away."

Ella let go next. "Yeah, but we're such dumbasses that we didn't think straight." Then before Natasha could make the joke or tell her to stop, she went on, "Of course, those two never think straight, and I only think straight a third of the time."

Natasha rolled her eyes, but she was smiling bigger than ever, her dimples nearly popping out. "Okay, I have to agree, we are pretty stupid sometimes. But what now? We've been waiting for, what, 3 years, 3 months, and something like a week, to meet in real life. What do we do?"

Ella smirked at June from across the room. "Now, depresso espresso squad, we party."

June stuck out her tongue at Bella. "How us of us."

Bella rolled her eyes, but she took Natasha's hand. "Of course, we would do nothing other than that."

Natasha looked around and caught Ella's eye. "You know what I always have with me, right?"

Ella stopped smirking. "You're really going to make me guess? You have, like, everything with you all the time."

Natasha pulled a giant pink duffel bag out from under her bed. "And now we guess what is in the bag."