Chapter 2: Graduation

It was June 8, and they were all going to their graduations. They all started getting ready, some of them caring about their looks more than others...

Natasha twirled her hair around her curling iron, careful not to burn herself while she sang along to "Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief Musical" songs. She still had to do her makeup, and she only had an hour and a half until graduation! She wondered if she would have enough time to finish getting ready. She looked in the mirror, admiring her full curls that reached all the way down her back.

Ella walked up to the stage when her name was called, and her small group of friends cheered for her. She pulled the tassel on the cap to the other side and walked off, tennis shoes and jeans hidden under her graduation gown that was too long for her.

June stuck out her tongue at her friends in the audience as she took her diploma. She walked off the stage and sat back down.

Bella stood on the stage, waiting for the principal to finish with his speech so he could call names. She fiddled with her necklace that Ella, June, and Natasha had sent her for her birthday one year while she waited.

TWO HOURS LATER

Ella, June, and Bella were already on Amino by the time Natasha sat onstage, hiding her phone in the folds of her gown.

Skylar: You all have changed me. I'm messaging you while I'm onstage! What the Hades!

Alexandra: We haven't changed you. It's 'what the fuck' not 'what the Hades'

Skylar: You know all too well that I will not say that unless I'm writing or I'm upset.

Casper: Yeah, and it'll be funny and surprising if you ever do cuss.

Shawn: Even I cuss sometimes. Nat, you're a strange human.

Skylar: You just learned this after like three years?

Alexandra: Nope, we've known. Anyway, I'm gonna go to my graduation party.

Casper: I'm going to sleep. It's late enough that I need to pack for tomorrow. I'm leaving for college early. I have roommates at college and I don't want to get there last.

Skylar: I have to go too, they're gonna start calling names soon. Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Alexandra: Bye

Shawn: Bye

Casper: BYE

Natasha's name was called and she flipped her hair as she took her diploma and sent a kiss out to the crowd as her mom took pictures and cried. Natasha threw her cap into the air with her small graduating class and laughed as her friend came up and tackled her with a hug. "I'm too short for this!" she exclaimed as her little brother, who was a foot taller than her, hugged her and twirled her around.

Ella celebrated with her friends and enjoyed her night.

June packed a few clothes and threw her graduation gown on a chair and went to bed.

Bella folded her gown and placed her cap inside a bag to take back the next day. She couldn't wait to get to college at the end of the summer.

The next day, June left for her trip with her family.

Natasha woke up early to go on a trip across the United States to visit all the places mentioned in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians book series. Her brother had graduated from 8th grade the same year, so they got a trip.

Ella slept in and then started packing her things into boxes for when she moved out.

Bella took her gown and cap back to school and said goodbye to her friends.

The friends only talked online, but what they didn't know is how much they would actually see each other in college.

HAPPY GRADUATION! is what they all sent before they went to bed that night. College would be an killer quest.

Author's note:
Okay, so I know these two chapters have been a bit boring. But I promise, the next one is where they actually meet! You'll love it! I know a lot of people won't ever read this, but I hope you readers enjoy it.

Loves to all
❤️, Nat