Chapter 26: Wrong Car

Sungmin's POV

"Hello? Is this the Park Jimin?" I almost shout at the phone, taking the person on the other end by surprise. "Y-Yes, who's this?"

"Uh... Hi, I'm Choi Sungmin. I'm Soojin's cousin." Without knowing, my words come out rushed and blured. I take a panicked breath before continuing. "I'll get to the point. I think Soojin's in danger."

There's a few gasps from the other side of the call as if Jimin had put the call of speaker. A different voice speaks this time, "and you know this how?"

"I saw her walking into a restaurant with a guy. As they walked past my car, something felt off. I think he had something shiney in his back pocket."

"Where are you now? Which restaurant? Hurry!" The panicked voice came from the first person I was talking to, Jimin. I could hear multiple rushed footsteps as Jimin kept on desperately asking for information on my whereabouts. Within a matter of seconds, I hear a car door slam with a person if the distance almost yelling at the phone. "Where is she?" The guy growled.

"The new Japanese restaurant next to Wilson Park." My words came out rushed once again. I've seen Soojin get into their car once by coincidence while I was passing by, and I managed to memorise the number plate. I couldn't even wait 2 minutes for the guys to arrive, shifting in my seat every few seconds.

I couldn't stop thinking about Soojin. Even though I've already called her, the thought of her being in danger scared me to death. Time slowed as minutes went by. Withing 10 or so minutes, Soojin comes rushing out of the restaurant with that lunatic tailing her. As soon as I saw what he had grasped in his hand, my shaky hand grabbed my phone and dialed Jimin's number. As I talked to Jimin, I hurridly got out of the car. 

"Where are you?"

"Almost there, almost there!" Jimin said in a hurry, "what's wrong?" I quickly looked around to look for Soojin and started running after them before telling Jimin, "he has a knife!" I heard Jimin curse on the other side of the line before he tells one of his brothers to go faster. 

As I started catching up to the guy, I hung up. "HEY! STOP!" I kept shouting after them. I noticed Soojin turn around to see who was calling out, but she quickly turned around and kept running faster at the sight of the guy close behind her. 

"SOOJIN NO!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I noticed Soojin heading towards a black car almost identicle to the one the Kim family car, apart from the number plate. "IT'S NOT THEIR CAR!! SOOJIN!!" Before I knew it, she had jumped into the car and they sped off. As I ran back into the car, I quickly dialed Jimin.

"They took her."

•••

Soojin's POV

The whole room was black. 

One light.

One chair. 

I was seeing double of everything, moving left... then right... then left again. My head ached as if I had been hit by thousands of stones. Looking around the dark room, I squinted at the pain banging in the back of my head. I didn't know how long I had been there, sitting in the chair. All I know is that I've probably been here for a few hours since by back was hurting like crazy and my legs were numb. 

I groaned at the pain, an uncomfortable noise rising from the back of my throat. 

"Would you look at that... the princess is awake!" A female voice purred. I looked up to see a female figure in front of me. She was wearing a mask and black clothing, so I couldn't tell who she was. I would've probably been able to recognise her voice if I wasn't so out of it.

I tried to say something, but it came out at a muffled grunt. "Awww... does the princess not recognise me?" She walked closer to me, bending down in front of me and lifting up my chin.

"You did well, Moonbin! I'm impressed. I'll give you however much you want." The girl paused to look at me. Her eyes were small and dark, looking straight at me. They turned into cresents as she laughed. "Don't worry, Soojin. Your brothers will be here soon enough. They have... 30 minutes left."

It took me a while, but I finally realised who was behind that mask. Seo Yuna.

~~~~~

[Unedited]