Chapter 2 : Talk

Y/N'S POV

"Alright everyone, before we begin the class we shall pray together. Pray start... Ok, I guess we are ready. Right everyone?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Everyone said in unison.

Damn.

This awkwardness with Yuna is weird. And uncomfortable. What should I do? Should I focus on studying or try to talk?

"We will start at Plants Cell subject. Open your Biology book at page 7." The teacher said, starting the class.

Then everyone took out the book from their bag. Me too. To be honest, I actually liked Biology subject. It's fun to learn biological thing in life, like energy, vitamins, virus, structures of bodies and stuff like that.

Heck this is gonna be fun.

"Oh yeah I forgot. I actually haven't introduce myself. My name is Ms. Karen. I'm sure some of you already know but we're just gonna make it official cause why not?" The teacher introduced herself.

I was one of the few students that already know who she is since I love Biology. She didn't teach us at tenth grade but I always ask something about biology to her. I'm her fan I guess.

I opened the book at page 7 just as the teacher said.

Then I'm trying to be cool by offering to share my book with Yuna. But before I can do it, she was already asking.

"Y/N... Can we share...?" Yuna said.

"Share... What?"

"The... Book..."

What's wrong with her? Is she thinking I'm a bad guy? Why does she sound so scared? Is she just shy? Why am I thinking this?

"Uh... Yeah, here. I was thinking to offer you but you asked first, heheh..."

"Thank you, I am grateful..."

"Hey, why so formal? You don't even need to thank me. Look around, a lot of 'em share books too." I said.

Why am I trying to be cool in a sudden?

"O-okay..." She's still groggy.

"Excuse me class, I had a call from someone important. Keep it silent in class okay? I'm heading out." Ms. Karen said.

Ahhh this sucks...

Just when I get excited to study the teacher went outta the class already.

Whatever...

All other students are talking to each other now while the awkwardness between me and Yuna is back. All I can do is sit in silent tapping the table with my finger.

Should I talk to her?

.

.

.

.

.

I want to, but...

.

.

.

.

.

Yeah I'll talk to her.

"So... Where do you come from?" I asked.

"...? Me...?"

"Yes you, you're the only new student here."

"I'm... from Busan." She said

"Wait, isn't that Japan? That's so far..." I said, trying to make her laugh.

And then she laughed quietly. Her laugh makes my heart goes "Awww".

"What? Did I said something wrong?"

"No, no. It's South Korea Y/N... Hahahah..."

"Oh... Sorry... No wonder your accent's a bit weird..."

"At least you can understand what I'm saying... Right?"

"Yeah... Right... Heheh..."

Yeah. I succeeded to talk. Well at least the awkwardness is gone... For now anyway...

"Where do you live now, Yuna?" I continued.

"I rent a house around here, it's a bit far though... I need to take a taxi to get here."

"What about your parents? Why don't they take you here instead?"

"They sent me all the way here..."

"Alone?"

"Yeah..."

"Why?"

"You know... It's parents thing to force their kid to study to another country to make them smarter... But hey, I can go some place else other than home and explore, you know."

"What about the bills?"

"My parents are sending me the money every month."

Her grogginess is gone. I think she's getting comfortable with me. Epic.

"You're a tough girl. Must be hard to live alone away from parents."

"Yeah... It is..." Her eyes are getting wet.

"H-hey it's OK... I'm sorry..."

Oh no... She's tearing... What should I do??? Help I'm panicking!!!

"It's Ok Y/N. You're not wrong." And then she forced herself to smile

"What about you Y/N?" She asked me.

"Eh... I guess we went exactly the same way."

"You're away from your parents?"

"Yeah, I'm from Texas and I rent a house too. It's close from here."

"What a coincidence..."

Then we continued to talk with each other about life. There's sad, there's funny there's weird things that we talked about.

I LOVE the way she smiles through the conversation. Her smile is so beautiful, although her eyes disappears when she does.

My heart became warm because of it.

"Thank you Y/N..." She said while smiling.

"Uh... For what? I didn't do anything."

"For... Sharing the book with me, eheheh..." She laughed

"Ah... No problem."

"Are we... Friends... Now?"

"Uh... I guess we can be..."

And then she giggled with joy. I never thought she will be this happy. Watching her being so excited like this really warms my heart. What a beautiful view.

All of a sudden she raised her pinky finger.

"Friends?"

And then I raised mine too.

"Friends."

Both of us made a pinky promise. We smiled and laughed together. She's so happy and cheerful and I love it.

A moment later Ms. Karen shows up, and we start studying.

=============================

TO BE CONTINUED