CHAPTER: 25

"Let your heart rest..."

**********

H E N R Y  P O V

I enter my house to see that the sun was rising. I set my car keys aside and walked to my bedroom seeing Daisy still asleep. It was Friday, I didn't have work today, same with Daisy but I'm sure she has classes. Slowly walking beside her and admiring her beautiful sleepy face, I could see her tired eyes.

My poor baby

She must have been holding it all in, then finally when she bursts, she ended up using all her energy. I stroked her hair and sympathized with her with what she had to go through yesterday. Daisy left all bright and happy, only to see her in the complete opposite coming home.

As I was stroking her hair, she snuggled into her pillow a bit and groaned. I chuckled and see her eyes slowly peek. "Morning..." I said as she quickly looked around and then at the time. "Oh my gosh, I have to get ready for school..." she said rubbing her forehead. Daisy then slams her face into the pillow making me chuckle. "Take the day off, it's a Friday anyways..." I said as she lays her face to the side and looks up at me, thinking if it were to be a good idea to skip class today. "Sure, why not, I could always look at the lecture videos my professor posts every Friday. Plus, I wouldn't want to face my friends today..." she said looking down as I kissed her head for comfort. "I'll go make some breakfast, go take a shower and get yourself comfortable, you deserve it," I said as I peck her on the lips and she chuckles.

D A I S Y  P O V

As I was taking a warm shower, I was thinking about how was I going to announce to Henry about his birthday trip. I bought tickets for Nevada. I remember Henry mentioning how much he loves the cabin houses, how they feel so peaceful and away from the city. It's a good thing my parents got a cabin at Lake Tahoe. Ever since I turned 18, I was given rights to the cabin house, I have always wanted to visit the cabin but I never found the reason to travel all the way to Nevada, well I do now.

This is all I could to repay Henry, after all, he did take me to Rome for Christmas break. We haven't dated for that long and yet he took me to an expensive Europe trip. This could also be the time for us to get away from all the frustrations we have been going through since coming back to Paris, Henry and I need a little escape from reality.

After showering, I walked into the kitchen and see Henry cleaning up pans and cutting board. "Hey, there's food on the table..." he said as I smiled and grabbed the both of us some drinks. As we were eating breakfast, we just talked about how my first year of college is almost over and future projects for his company. "Since summer is 5 months away, let's start planning for a vacation, yeah?" he said as I look up at him. "How about a vacation tonight?" I asked as he gives me wide eyes and I chuckle.

"Tonight? Where could we possibly go tonight?" he asks while chuckling for my silliness. I pull out the plane tickets and placed them on the dining table, "Nevada maybe?" I said as he puts a confused face and grabs the tickets. "I know how much you like fishing and cabin houses, and it so happens that my parents own a cabin house at Lake Tahoe. I was able to have full rights of the house after turning 18. I've never been there, so I figured it would be nice for both of us to relax for the weekend..." I said as he smiles and gets up from his seat. "This week has been pretty stressful for both of us, I just thought it would be a great getaway, from all of this..." I said as he kneels beside my seat smiling at me. "I would love to go..." he said as he kisses me softly. Henry then stands up a bit and kisses my neck. "Babe, as much as I love your kisses, it's best to get started on packing..." I said with my eyes closed and feel his chuckle. He stopped kissing my neck and gives me a peck on the cheek, after breakfast, we both started to pack for the weekend.