CHAPTER: 21

"I am not the best, but I promise I will love you with all my heart."

**********

U N C L E  D A N N Y  P O V

It was late at night, I was all alone in my office working. Although I was able to work, it was difficult to focus because I am worried about Daisy. I know she is a mature woman, she knows how to take care of herself, she is a good college student with good grades, and she has a job that pays good money. But why? Out of all the men that live in this fucking state, it has to be Henry Reed.

Daisy is delusional, she doesn't know everything about that man. She doesn't know his past, how many people he has hurt, what he did when he found out about his cheating fiance. Because if she knew, there is no way she would stay with a man like him.

Speaking of his ex-fiance, I wonder if she's here in Seattle. I decided to call her and after a few rings, she answers.

"I'm here..."

H E N R Y  P O V

"Listen, we can talk about whatever you want. But it's going to have to wait tomorrow, you made everyone stay back at work." I said with my hands on my hips as he stands there, trying to act all tough. "I want to talk now, I'm not going to wait tomorrow..." He says trying to sound tough. Enough with the tough act kid.

"Come on Nathaniel, aren't you planning to work with your dad. Patience is the key to that stuff..." I said with an obvious bore. "How'd you get her huh? With your old tricks... You make her feel special then you play with her feelings..." he says as he shakes his voice. "That was who I was before, I've changed... All because of her." I said trying to make him understand. "Bullshit!" he yells as I sigh with frustration.

There was silence. I am trying to make him understand, that I have changed. I know this kid, his father works for BLACK INC. Damn, they really brainwashed him to make him believe I am still the monster I was before. I am keeping my anger in control, this is Daisy's best friend, one wrong move and everything goes downhill. 

"You wanna talk?" I ask him with a serious expression. He nods his head and I release a tiring sigh, I walk over to my desk and take a seat at my office chair. We make eye contact and I see his confusion about what I was doing. "What are you standing there for? Let's talk." I said as I was gesturing him to take a sit in front of me.

D A I S Y  P O V

"Here's some water. You sure you don't want anything to eat?" I ask as I placed her glass of water on the coffee table. "I'm fine, thank you," Celine said as she takes a sip of her water. It was dead silent, the atmosphere was tense, I am sitting right in front of Henry's ex-fiance. The woman whom Henry was so in love with, to the point where he proposed and put a ring on her. I wonder what went wrong? Who called it off? If it was Henry or her... Or the both of them?

"I never got your name, sweetie..." she said as she smiled brightly, "Daisy... Daisy Clayton." I answer as I see her choke a little on her water. "Clayton... You're not apart of BLACK INC, are you?" she asks with a secret smirk. I take a large gulp, she knows who I am.

"Um, my Uncle owns the company," I said as I grip onto my leggings. "Interesting, you work for Reed and yet your family company is BLACK INC?" she asks in confusion. "Unless you're unaware-" she said as I interrupt her "I'm aware..." I blurt out and it goes to silence once again.

"So tell me, how did you and Henry meet?" 

H E N R Y  P O V

"I know what people have been telling you, and they are true. But what they haven't told you... Was why." I said as he rolls his eyes, expecting some crap excuses. "You kidding? You attract every woman that comes your way, have a successful company, billions of bucks. Face it, you're just a dick." he says as I try to contain my anger.