CHAPTER: 17

"I hate how I realize how much I love someone, only realize you already lost them."

**********

D A I S Y  P O V

I brush my wet hair in the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. My eyes are all red and puffy again, how hideous. It was 10 PM at night and I was sitting in my bed with the lights all out and on my laptop watching Netflix. While browsing through all the movies and T.V shows, all I saw were stupid unrealistic romantic movies.

This is what a break-up feels like?

The feeling of going through a break-up feels awful, why would anyone risk feeling this way. It's better to avoid it and never get into another relationship again. Maybe this is a lesson for me, age-gap relationships never work out, they are way too complicated. My eyes were getting heavy and I decided to shut off my laptop and fall asleep.

I wake up a bit too early than I usually do, even though I slept pretty late. It felt like those lazy days where you refuse to just move out of your bed, but I couldn't skip class, I had to drop by work to pack my stuff and drop off my resignation papers.

Finally, after a long depressing sigh, I get up and started to get ready for the day. I don't know what is it about today but I just didn't feel anything at all, not one emotion released from me as I breathe.

 I don't know what is it about today but I just didn't feel anything at all, not one emotion released from me as I breathe

While checking myself in the mirror, I hate what I saw. I didn't care though, who am I trying to impress at this point? I'm no good with love, and everything goes wrong when someone is with me.

I don't care anymore.

H E N R Y  P O V

During the meeting, I couldn't focus at all. It was a pointless and boring meeting anyway, not like there was anything else to discuss. Almost every employee will be going to Paris tomorrow, we will be opening a new building for our company, meaning Daisy will also be there. "Henry!" my partner yelled as everyone in the table put eyes on me, "You ready?" he smirks and I nod with a fake smile as everyone started to cheer and have their own conversation with other people at the table.

Leaving the meeting room, all I wanted to be is alone and talk to no one. I felt a pat on my back and see my partner, Dean, was by my side and smiling. He realizes my fake emotion and asks to go to his office to have a chat, he poured himself a drink and I decline since it is a bit too early. "Something wrong? Usually, at times like this, you would be more excited," he says as he sits down. "Just complicated things, nothing really to worry about," I said looking down. "This about that girlfriend of yours?" he asks as he places his drink down and I look at him with a chuckle. "You really know how to read me..." I said with a sad chuckle. "You guys fought?" Dean asks squinting his eyes of curiosity.

"We're over..." I answer as the room went silent.

"And?" he asks as I look at him with furrow eyebrows.