CHAPTER: 5

"ɪ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɴᴇ"

**********

D A I S Y ▪ P O V

"Must be nice going to a fancy party, filled with rich and hot men," Katherine said.

It has been nearly two weeks since I have been Henry's assistant and it's actually not as bad as I thought it was. I was expecting myself to make countless stupid mistakes, but Henry's training on my first few days was understandable. I do still feel nervous every single time it is just us, and our desk facing each other as we work in silence. To be honest, I rarely see him because he is constantly on multiple meetings, I mean he is the boss of one of the biggest companies. 

"OOO Daisy how about this dress?" Katherine said as she takes out a small revealing black dress.

I roll my eyes with a smile and continued looking for a dress. I don't want to seduce anyone at that party, it is a professional elegant party. So many people in that building are aware of how much younger I am, I want them to see and treat me as a mature woman. 

[Flashback to yesterday]

It was a Friday and usually, those are the days where I work longer, it was 8:45 PM and we were both about to get ready to leave for the day. I then turned off my computer and started packing all of my stuff from my desk, and Henry did the same as well. It was just the both of us in the building, on Fridays employees leave early because it is the beginning of the weekend but I didn't mind staying for a little bit. It didn't feel right leaving Henry all alone, in this big building with so much work to do. I was done packing my stuff and looked over to him as he looked back and gave me a smile.

"Sorry for holding you back Daisy." He said as he picks up his bag.

"No, it's fine I chose to stay. Couldn't leave you with all that work you had." I responded waiting for him to walk towards me.

"Very sweet of you, I hope I didn't cause any plans to change." He said as we walk towards the exit of the office.

"I barely have plans at night," I said.

We walked into the elevator and continued our conversation. Henry and I have gotten closer, but not romantically, not that I wanted to. From time to time he and I would go out on breaks to eat or just chill in the office and small talk. But he was always busy, with his glasses on and him intensely looking at his computer screen never looking at any other direction, I knew he was way too busy. Once we were at the lobby, walking towards the exit and about to say our good-byes, Henry mentioned something.

"By the way Daisy, there is going to be a party celebration this Sunday. I know it is too sudden and I probably should have told you days before, but I was too busy. You should come... Unless you have other plans you would rather do, it's fine I am sure you wouldn't want to hang out with people at my age huh?" He said.

"No... Of course, I would be willing to go, I don't have anything planned this weekend." I responded.

"Really? Don't you have friends you would rather hang out with?" Henry asked.

"I do but, all they do is go to nightclubs and do illegal drinking. I'm not much of an alcohol person, and would rather go to somewhere more... Calm..." I said laughing a little bit as he laughed back.

"Alright then, you can accompany me." He said.

Do you mean like your date? ACCOMPANY DAISY!

"You wouldn't mind if I picked you up from your home? It would be rude for letting the lady drive." He said.

"Uh... No, not at all..." I said shyly as my cheeks slowly get red.