CHAPTER: 22

"People will always remember the bad things you did and always forget the good things you've done."

**********

D A I S Y  P O V

It was all silence, the three of us eating Chinese food. I glance over to my right where Henry was sitting, and you can see the death stare he was giving Celine. Celine was not making eye contact, she kept looking around the room and the floor. It was way too quiet, I couldn't take it. "So, babe, what got held back at work?" I asked looking at him as his death stare fades away looking at me. "Nathaniel stopped by," he answered as I stopped eating and looked at him. "What was he doing there?" I asked with concern as he takes a sip of his drink and shakes his head, "I'll talk to you about it later, okay?" he responds as I look away and nod in understanding.

"So, Celine, are you gonna answer my question as to why the heck are you here in my house?" Henry asked glaring down at Celine. "I got a project here in Seattle, I was in town and I thought I would visit some old friends," she answers as I hear Henry chuckle. "I don't remember us being friends..." he said continuing his chuckle. "Well, I was visiting some friends until I drove by your building and I thought of you. I thought maybe I could talk to you..." she said looking down picking her food. "What about?" he asks not making eye contact with her and just kept eating. There was a brief silence, I look up and see Celine staring at me.

"I think it would be better speaking about it with you in private," she says looking back down. "No, you can talk about it here right now. In front of my wonderful and loyal girlfriend," he said with pettiness. This is getting way too awkward for me, all I did was avoid eye contact and continued eating. "I wanted to fix this..." Celine said looking at Henry. What does she mean 'fix' exactly? Does she want to get back with Henry? Is she insane?

"If you think for the last years I was living my best life, you're wrong Henry. Every single day I felt guilt, I wanted to try to get your forgiveness," she said. Henry was not talking, he wasn't making any eye contact, he wasn't cooperating with her. Celine let out a long tiring sigh and put her food down and stood up, grabbing her stuff. "I should get going, it is late and I have a meeting tomorrow. Thank you for the food, and it was nice meeting you Daisy," she said giving me a smile as I smile back. As she was walking out, Henry didn't look back one bit. 

Once everything was quiet and calm, I touched Henry's shoulder. We both made eye contact and smiled at each other. After eating I did the dishes, suddenly I felt two large hands wrap around my waist and a kiss on my neck. "Today isn't a good day huh?" he said as he kisses my neck and I shook my head looking down. "I want to go back to Paris, far away from here," I said holding Henry's hands and leaning back on him as he continues to kiss my neck and jaw.

I couldn't focus on finishing the dishes, his kisses weaken me. I just enjoyed the pleasure and try to forget everything about today. I then felt Henry's hands lower and feel him unbuttoning my jeans. All of a sudden we both hear the phone ringing, Henry sighs in frustration and answers it. While talking I singled him that I was going to get ready for bed and he nods with a smile.

 While talking I singled him that I was going to get ready for bed and he nods with a smile