CHAPTER: 4

"ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴜʟᴛʀᴀᴠɪᴏʟᴇᴛ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ."

**********

D A I S Y ▪ P O V

"I think you should take it, I mean it is a high paying job..." Nathaniel said as we eat snacks of popcorn and chips while getting out movie ready. 

I was glad that I was hanging out with Nathaniel, I never knew that our friendship was slowly drifting apart because I was so distracted with school and work. 

"Tomorrow I'm going to meet up with him and discuss everything. But I don't know..." I say still unsure if I should take the internship. 

"Daisy, you're smart. I'm sure you will do fine in that internship." He says trying to encourage me, which was very sweet of him. 

"Also... The money" He whispers as we both chuckled, "What are we watching?"He asks taking a handful of popcorn. 

"So what do you wanna watch?" Nathaniel ask me, as I sit in the couch next to him.

"Daydream Nation," I said

"... The film that our high school teacher suggested?" Nathaniel asks with confusion.

"Yeah, all he said was that it was the most mediocre film and all he did was watch the trailer. You can't critic something based on the trailer, are you kidding me?" I said getting ready to play the movie

A/N

Here is a quick description of the movie:

A city girl who moves to a small town and becomes entangled in a love triangle between her high school teacher and a stoner classmate.

As we were watching the movie, we kept making jokes on how the acting is a little cringey and the plot itself. But we both did see the deep meaning to the film and actually find the movie not as bad as our high school teacher claimed it to be. From time to time I would be in my own world and think about my meeting with Henry, can I actually do this? I am not thinking about how distracted with Henry, but the job itself... Will I be a good assistant?... Will I be good enough? After long thinking of whether I should take the internship or not, I see Nathaniel standing up and I suddenly realized that the movie was over. 

"... That movie was... Ok" Nathaniel said throwing away his trash.

"... Oh yeah, I guess it was alright" I said acting like I knew how the movie ended.

"Could you imagine though... Getting it with your high school teacher?" Nathaniel asks sitting back down next to me.

"I don't know... Majority of my high school teachers were either female or in their late 60s" I respond as me and Nathaniel chuckle together.

"I don't think I would... I mean the gap is too long, who would want to date someone that old?" Nathaniel said.

I chuckled and nodded as if I am agreeing with him, we then started to talk more about the people in high school and our current life in college. But I would think about that statement Nathaniel said about age-gap relationships... "Who would want to date someone that old?" I would think about if Henry was my high school teacher, Daisy that would be ILLEGAL even if he wasn't your teacher. I get out of thought and paid my attention back to Nathan. We talked a bit more and soon it was already 9 PM, Nathaniel decided to go home since it was about to get late. I cleaned up the living room a bit more and brought a glass of water up to my room, I got ready for bed and tried to calm myself with my interview with Henry. This is for your career, remember HE suggested YOU... Do not screw this up! After being on my phone I started to feel my eyes getting heavy and decided to finally go to bed.