CHAPTER: 10

"I hate getting flashbacks from things I don't want to remember..."

**********

D A I S Y  P O V

It's been three days since Henry and I talked, this whole week he has been with meetings. When he actually is at the office, there is always someone with him having a conversation with him. What if he hates me now? What if he doesn't want to continue this relationship anymore?

"DAISY!" Katherine yells as I look up at her and Emily. "You've been so out of it lately, Daisy," Emily said as she takes a bite of her pasta. "Sorry, a lot of things are in my head..." I said picking on my food that I don't even have the appetite for. "Is this about the Henry situation?" Katherine asks as I nod in agreement with a small smile. "You haven't had a chance to talk to him?" Emily asks as I shook my head and my smile fading away. I start to look down in guilt and feel Katherine's hand hold onto mine for comfort.

"What if he doesn't want to be with me anymore? That my actions caused him to lose attraction for me?..." I ask avoiding eye contact so I won't end up bawling in public. "Then it can't be helped..." Emily answered as Katherine nudged her with her elbow, "What? If he loses attraction to you, and he doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore... Don't deny it, let him go..." Emily explains. "Sorry to be harsh but that's how it is, Daisy... It's not natural to force love on someone." Emily continues as Katherine nudges her again. "What Emily is trying to say is... You need to talk to him about this, especially if you're feeling this way." Katherine says as he rubs my hand. "When does he leave?" Emily asks "Saturday morning..." I answer.

During the car ride to work, I kept trying to find a way how to get him all alone. I don't even know what to say. Once I entered the office, I see a group of people around Henry and having a discussion. As I was walking to my desk, I see Henry look up at me, I gave a small smile but all he did was look back down.

I was working on some paperwork for Henry that he will be missing in the two weeks. Once in a while, I would glance up and all I see is Henry discussing with his workers. There were only males in the group discussion and one female, her name was Kiera. She was always talked about in the building, I mean who wouldn't talk about her? She had the body and face of a model, she is more intelligent than me, and most of all, more mature... She was at her mid 20's, an age perfect for Henry...

I would always catch her touching Henry's shoulder and the longer I look, I could see that she was massaging him. Henry didn't seem too bothered that another girl was touching him, in fact, he even looked like he liked it. I admit I did feel jealousy every time Kiera was near Henry. Normally I don't care who is with Henry because I am aware it is just business, but with Kiera, there is always this feeling that I don't feel good about. Even though I don't understand flirting in any way, I always feel like that's what Kiera is doing to Henry.

 Enough Daisy, she is just being a good employee. Maybe she is just trying to support him...

I then started to hear chuckles in the group, seems like they were done discussing business and just having a normal conversation. I glance up to Henry and see that he is smiling, I then slowly formed a small smile. Until I saw the way He was looking at Kiera, the way they were both looking at each other. They look so good together...

Stop with your insecurities!

Once everyone left and it was just Henry and me, silence filled up the room. This is my chance, we're all alone. As I was about to get up and walk up to him, I hear the phone ring. I answer the phone and hear that it was a call for Henry, as I transfer the call I sat back down and didn't want to interrupt.