CHAPTER: 23

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

**********

D A I S Y  P O V

"Wait, you said that to him?" I asked Henry as he was eating breakfast and I was getting ready for my morning classes

"Wait, you said that to him?" I asked Henry as he was eating breakfast and I was getting ready for my morning classes. "The guy didn't listen to a word I said when I told him that you were the one who changed me. I wanted to anger him and let him know how it feels," he explained. I look down at the thought of Henry actually saying those stuff about me, that he was using me all along. I know he was being sarcastic to just get Nathaniel's nerves, but it still hurts. I then see Henry stand up from his chair and slowly walk to me as he cups my face with his large warm hands. "You know I don't mean a word to what I said to him. You are not some toy, okay?" He said as I nodded and he kisses my nose. I then smiled and we both chuckled, ending it off with a kiss on the lips.

I parked my car and started walking to my class. All I saw was people staring and whispering to their friends, but I'm use to it to the point where I don't even care anymore. Suddenly, I see Emily and Katherine walk up to me and give me a big hug. "We're so happy for you!" Katherine exclaims as I hug back and chuckle. They both gave me some sweets and a small gift as a 'congratulations' present. We all walked to our class and I told them all about how Uncle Danny reacted. I told them about how Nathaniel confronted Henry, but that was all, I didn't feel comfortable mentioning the other stuff that went down between them.

"See, Nathaniel does like you..." Katherine says as I roll my eyes. "You're going to talk to Nathaniel?" Emily asks as I look down and wonder myself. He tried to belittle Henry, he wouldn't even give Henry a chance to understand his position. I don't know what I would do if I saw Nathaniel, maybe confront him about the whole thing.

"Semester finals are getting close, that means our first official year of college is almost over as well!" Katherine points out as I was shocked how quick this year has gone by. I never even realized that it was our final semester of the year. Time does go by quick.

As we sat down, Professor Adams enters the room and everyone started to get their equipment out. As he was greeting the class and taking his laptop and preparing his lecture, he then looks up and scans the room and stops at me. I wasn't sure if he was mad or just judging me, he had no expression what so ever. After a couple of seconds, he looks back down and starts his lecture. I don't blame him though. Finding out your old friend is dating one of your best students.

After the lecture was over, I decided I was going to talk to Professor Adams about the news, he deserves it anyway. I told Emily and Katherine that they could just walk along. When the class was all empty and I see Professor Adams packing his stuff, I slowly walked towards him. Finally, when he was ready to go we made eye contact.

"Professor Adams, hi..." I said awkwardly as he gave a quick smile. "Ms. Clayton..." he responds. "I assume you heard the news?" I said as I let out a nervous chuckle and he chuckles back looking down. "Listen, Ms. Clayton, I have nothing against you. Or your relationship with Henry, it was just a lot to take in. I'm happy for you guys..." he said with a smile. I let out a sigh of relieve and he laughs and pats my shoulder. "Just let me know if Henry does something stupid..." he jokes as we both laugh and walk out of class.