9. Coursing through our veins

Start from the beginning

"People who can't hear what they're singing and criminals who don't care." Artie said "It's gonna be a cakewalk. High fi..." he went to high five Brittany, but she high-fived Santana instead. Everyone else cheered happily.

            By the next week, the whole club had stopped trying. I mean we're going to win, so why work too hard. Mr.Schue did not agree with this attitude and had a plan to fix it, and he was putting it into action. He was pinning pictures to the board, two politicians, a bear, a shark, lightning, and a swimming pool, the members of the club watching as he did this.

"Competition, Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better." Mr. Schue said, turning to face us.

"I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool," Kurt said.

"Just go with it. You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through sectionals. Okay, split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side. Let's go, come on. Alright." we hesitated but separated into groups. Kurt moved over to the girl's group "Kurt." Kurt moved back to the boy's side. "Here's the deal. Two teams. Boys versus girls. One week from today, you will each perform a mash-up of your choice."

"What's a mash-up?" Puck asked

"A mash-up is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of musical expression. Boys will perform on Tuesday, girls the next day. I want you guys to go all out, okay. Costumes, choreography. Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for sectionals." Mr. Schue explained.

"Wait, who's going to be the judge? Your gender makes you biased." Rachel asked.

"Ah...There is going to be a celebrity judge." Mr.Schue answered Rachel's question

"Wh-who?" Tina asked

"Oh, you're going to have to show up to find out."

"We got this in the bag," Mercedes said to the rest of us girls.

"Totally. I'm going to start story-boarding our choreography tonight." Rachel said and us girls headed out of the choir room.

           The glee club girls were in the dance room, well Quinn wasn't there, and we were waiting for Rachel. Mercedes was painting Tina's nails, Brittany was stretching, Santana was fixing her makeup, and I was just leaning on the wall on my phone. "Okay, girls, we need to get started." Rachel said walking into the room. "

"We're getting warmed up," Santana said.

"Where's Quinn?" Rachel asked, noticing she wasn't in the room.

"Probably down at the mall looking for elastic-waist pants," Brittany said. Everyone except Rachel laughed.

"Mr. Schuester's right, you guys. We can't get complacent." Rachel said looking at us all disapprovingly

"Chill out. I already picked the songs. We're gonna do a mash-up of 'Halo' and 'Walking On Sunshine.'" I say looking up at her from my phone.

"Yeah. That was my idea." Rachel said. I rolled my eyes and looked back at my phone.

"Whatever," I mutter.

"Come on, we can do this in our sleep. You think those six dudes are gonna give us any competition? I say we just wing it." Mercedes said looking up to Rachel then back to Tina's nails.