29. To Glee or Not to Glee

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

          That lunch I sat outside in the courtyard with Sam. The two of us talked and I found out that he was going out for the football team. He was doing an impression of someone, who I couldn't tell who was when I spotted several members of the glee club enter the courtyard wearing matching New York City t-shirts. Finn placed a stereo down on one of the tables, Rachel and Tina sitting on the table, Kurt on one behind them. I could tell they were about to sing.

Rachel hit the play button on the stereo and 'Empire State of mind' by Jay-z and Alicia Keys started to play and the New Directions started the beat. "Yeah" Artie called starting the rapping part. "Yeah, I'm up at Brooklyn Now I'm down in Tribeca Right next to DeNiro But I'll be hood forever I'm the new Sinatra And since I made it here I can make it anywhere Yeah, they love me everywhere"

"I used to cop in Harlem All of my Dominicanos Right there up on Broadway Brought me back to that McDonald's Took it to my stash box Five-Sixty state-street Catch me in the kitchen Like a Simmons with them pastries" Finn rapped looking over at me every for seconds, Artie having done the same.

"Cruising down 8th street Off white Lexus Driving so slow but BK is from Texas Me, I'm up at Bed-Stuy Home of that boy Biggie Now I live on Billboard And I brought my boys with me" Puck started entering from one of the staircases with Mercedes. "Say what up to TyTy Still sipping Mai Tai's Sitting courtside Knicks and Nets give me high fives Jigga, I be spiked out I can trip a referee tell by my attitude That I most definitely from"

"In New York Concrete jungle where dreams are made of There's nothing you can't do now you're in New York," they sang, Brittany, Quinn, and Santana joined the group coming down the stairs. "These streets will make you feel brand new Big lights will inspire you Let's hear it for New York New York New York" I couldn't help but sing quietly along with the group.

"One hand in the air for the big city Street lights, big dreams all looking pretty No place in the world that could compare Put your lighters in the air" Mercedes sang as all the girls danced on the steps.

"Everybody say yeah, yeah Yeah, yeah" Finn and Mercedes Sang.

"In New York Concrete jungle where dreams are made of There's nothing you can't do Now you're in New York These streets will make you feel brand new Big lights will inspire you Let's hear it for New York New York New York" They finished the song and no one clapped. The usual reaction this school had to New Directions performances.

"They were pretty good, Who are they?" Sam said looking over at me.

"The glee club," I say, looking away from where the glee club was and over to Sam. "the losers of the school" I add.