7. Single Ladies on the field

──・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

― 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙡𝙙

          Single Ladies blared over the speaker in Kurt's basement. Somehow he had convinced Tina, Brittany, and me to come over to his house to practice the single ladies dance with him. The four of us were doing the dance when the stereo turned off. "Dad! You're home early." Kurt said look at his father who was standing next to the stereo.

"Deadliest Catch is on. What are you wearing?" Kurt's father Burt asked.

"It's a unitard. Guys wear them to, uh, work out nowadays. Do sports. They wick sweat from the body." Kurt said. Burt put a finger in Kurt's unitard, letting it snap back into place before nodding. He did not look fully happy with Kurt's answer.

"F-f-f-football!" Tina said trying to move Kurt's point even farther.

"Yeah, all the guys in football wear them," I say going along with what Tina had said.

"Yeah, They're jock chic," Kurt said

"Totally. Kurt's on the football team now. He's the kicker – that's the smallest guy on the field, right?" Brittany said. I shot her a look like what the hell.

"Yeah. Carrie, Brit, and Tina were just helping me with some conditioning work." Kurt said now going along with Brittany saying he played football.

"Hmm. Really. You know, I played in JC before I busted up my knee, popping wheelies on my third bike." Burt said excitedly. I have met Burt a few times now, and one of the things I know about him is that he and Kurt are almost complete opposites.

"Cool. I guess we'll have something to talk about, then." Kurt said with a nervous chuckle.

"So, one of these three, your girlfriend?" Burt asked Kurt. Kurt was taken aback by the question, but he put his hand on Tina's back.

"But I'm not ready to be exclusive just yet," Kurt said to his father. This kind of threw me off because another thing I know about Burt is that he loves Kurt, and I figured Kurt would have come out to him.

"Alright, just keep the music down. I can't hear myself think up there." Burt said heading back up the stairs, stopping to say one last thing to Kurt "And hey, Kurt. Be sure to get me a ticket to your first game." Kurt nodded, but the look in his eyes was just panic.

"Kurt," I say, turning to him "Why are you lying to your dad?"

"Well Brit said I was on the team" Kurt started

"I'm not talking about the football," I say "I'm talking about you being g-"

"Shh" Kurt cut me off "Don't say it so loud"